Hi,

I changed my video card day before yesterday from ATI 4650 to 6670, and then I had problems while switching on my computer for a few times, then it got sorted.

Today, windows informs me that my computer is running slow, so it wanted to switch of aero interface. I clicked no. Then when I restarted my pc, the screen got stuck on "starting windows" so I reset it. Then I got the error "0xc00000e9", So I used windows 7 dvd and it repaired itself. But still the computer speed was very slow. Then again the computer got stuck at "5a" in the bios screen. Also sometimes I got a screen saying Intel Boot Agent
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.

So I checked in the internet and found out that it had something to do with hard disk.

So I disconnected the hard disk and ran Ubuntu Live CD, for about 30 mins and the computer worked fine. I was able to browse internet.

Now I've reconnected the HDD and am able to use windows 7. Speed has come back to normal.

So I want to know if the problem is due to the HDD and should I get it replaced?

HDD is Seagate Barracude 7200 500 GB
Mother board is DP55WB
4 GB ram
Windows 7
Asus ATI 6670 1GB DDR5

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Seagate do a hdd diagnostic tool on their website called sea tools, use it to test your hdd.

ok, thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.