FRONTECH tv tuner card - stuck lost - urgent help needed

hi guys friends and buddies........

A good news for me and also a bad news for me (not so bad bcz u poeple r there)

My uncle recently purchased a computer and for some reason he did not like his tuner tv card...

So obviously guess who got it...well me..

(Note I have never seen or used Tv tuner card before in my life)

It had written frontech on it (possibly an Internal TV tuner card) and is now inside my pc....(but has no remote with it)

Also there is one Tv tuner card (which is possibly external tv tuner card) callled frontech JIL 0608 with a remote....along with it it also has a small red cable...

Now I am unable to figure out where to start and how....

ALL i want is to be able to see cable TV on my PC (which is in my room) instead of normal TV which is in common room.

But how do i start and how should i go about it...????????

1. How do i make a connection from TV ( which has cable connection) to my PC????

2. In order to see TV on PC which one to use, Internal or External one?????

3. How do I record programs for later viewing???

4. I have CD writer/reader on my PC...do i also need DVD writer /reader for recording and how much it costs????

5. Will having DVD be any better than my CD or hard disk (40 GB)????

6. Any other hardware / software which I am missing????

7. I have one cheap 300 rupees speaker...is it sufficient???

I know few questions of me above sound stupid....but trust me when it comes to technology (no matter how simple) I am truly idiot and my brain is unable to understand anything of its own.

Since many poeple on this forum must have been using TV tuner card (might be some even frontech one); plz guide me in simple step by step fashion as there is no manual for this product and the website ( www frontechonline com ) has absolutely no information.......

(also one thing is frontech tv tuner card worst of the kind or is it reasonably good enough compared to other Tv tuner cards)???????

Again I will be really really thankful for ur effort in replying as I am stuck....

(Is there also FM in my tuner card and how do i know this?????????)

best regards,

cheers

sunando

sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com

please also note: i am using windows xp with p four intel 865GBF

p.s. I am attaching here picture of (most probably) external tv tuner card and remote exactly....

[IMG]http://img187.echo.cx/img187/9053/possibleexternaltvtunercard6kr.jpg[/IMG]

I have no picture (possibly internal tv tuner card inside my computer)of internal tv tuner card (which is without any remote; dont know either whether there should be any remote with it or not)...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

hi
did u get answer for your query on tv tuner card. If so tell that, since i also struck with the same problem as you.
regards,
gopal

1) You got both, choose only one . For this external with remote.
2) look back of the tuner for the connections.
3) If it got connections going to pc connected them with respective cables. like audio etc.
4) Make sure you have a software to view the tv like WinDVR. If not go to their website and download it.
5) Now connect your tv cable from the cable company to the external tv tuner on back
6) Open the WinDVR from your desktop by double clickin it.
7) Go to set up from the tuner panel and setup for cable and scan for the channel by choosing appropriate settings by opening the tabs.
8) Close the set up
9) Using the remote or manually surf the channels.
10) Every thing is working you are all set. Also if possible you have to download drivers for the tuner
11) Buy a tv cable splitter and connect your regular tv and PC tv with respective cables. Everything should work fine now.
Carnivorus

My uncle recently purchased a computer and for some reason he did not like his tuner tv card...

It had written frontech on it (possibly an Internal TV tuner card) and is now inside my pc....(but has no remote with it)

Also there is one Tv tuner card (which is possibly external tv tuner card) callled frontech JIL 0608 with a remote....along with it it also has a small red cable...

ALL i want is to be able to see cable TV on my PC (which is in my room) instead of normal TV which is in common room.

1. How do i make a connection from TV ( which has cable connection) to my PC????

4. I have CD writer/reader on my PC...do i also need DVD writer /reader for recording and how much it costs????

I know few questions of me above sound stupid....but trust me when it comes to technology (no matter how simple) I am truly idiot and my brain is unable to understand anything of its own.

Since many poeple on this forum must have been using TV tuner card (might be some even frontech one); plz guide me in simple step by step fashion as there is no manual for this product and the website ( www frontechonline com ) has absolutely no information.......

(also one thing is frontech tv tuner card worst of the kind or is it reasonably good enough compared to other Tv tuner cards)???????

Again I will be really really thankful for ur effort in replying as I am stuck....

best regards,

cheers

sunando

p.s. I am attaching here picture of (most probably) external tv tuner card and remote exactly....

http://www.imageshack.us

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/9053/possibleexternaltvtunercard6kr.jpg

I have no picture (possibly internal tv tuner card inside my computer)of internal tv tuner card (which is without any remote; dont know either whether there should be any remote with it or not)...

FRONTECH tv tuner card - stuck lost - urgent help needed

best regards,

cheers

sunando

[IMG]http://img187.echo.cx/img187/9053/possibleexternaltvtunercard6kr.jpg[/IMG]

Hi even i have frontech internal tv tuner card i have connected it to the pci slot and i have installed drivers and tv plus 3.0 software now its working fine please try it

Hi
I want to develop an application 4 my frontech tv tuner card (internal) can you please help me out

This is Ashutosh soni Form Mumbai (India) I have Some Query Regarding my frontech TV Tuner card. Becoze i have read your articals which is send on forms .
Actually My TVTunercard Is working fine but Remote Control is Not Working so I need New Remote Control how can I buy new Remote Control For my old TVTunercard.
TVTunercard Model Number: - frontech JIL-0608
Please Refer Attached JPG file for frontech JIL-0608 Image(http://img187.echo.cx/img187/9053/possibleexternaltvtunercard6kr.jpg)
please Give me idea how can i make Duplicate Remote or give me the name whos remote work with my frontech JIL-0608.
Right now i am in mumbai so if yours branch in Mumbai so let me know the name or shopee address.
please Contact +919322442276
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/9053/possibleexternaltvtunercard6kr.jpg

Hi,
I've a frontec internal tv tuner card.But I can't get sound from it.Please help me.

Hi,
This is sreenivasulu, i am using frontech external past 3 years. yesterday on words , it is not working properly, it show very high blue colour or,yellowesh , like that

it is not with stand even in single colour
how to repair it

Dear Sir
I am P.S.Kathirraaju. i have frontech TV tuner ( miracle TV box ) model no: JIL- 0610
i do not have this manual to connect to the PC. I am struggling to connect the Cable from dish to PC thro' this TV tuner.
please give guidence how to connect the wires and to start the PC to watch all TV channels.
HOPE YOU ARE CLEAR. KINDLY DO THE NEEDFUL.
it is very urgent for me.
please reply for this mail immediately.
thanks & Regards
P.S.Kathirraaju

Hi , I am unable to watch tv in system coz it showing gray screen in frontech screen ..

is my tv tuner card is corrupted or any settings problem ?

regards,
Deep

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.