Hey
So about 4 years ago, I bought this HP computer and modified it a bit (new sound card, video card, power supply) and has been working very well ever since. But all of a sudden, all my PCI slots decided not to work. My sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS) and my network card are not working anymore no matter what slot I put them in. I've tried going in the device manager, uninstalling them and re-installing them. It recognizes them and installs them, but they just don't work. They have a "!" in front of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the steps I should take to try to fix this matter?

thank you

It's a bit early to blame either both cards or the system board at this point. Try a new or different card (that you may or may not have any real need for) and see how that works.
It would be unusual for both cards to go at the same time but technically possible.

Hi,
If you get me the make of motherboard in the machine, I can probably tell you what you issue is!!! :)
Thanks
Steve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.