I just bought a new computer and was wondering if it has pci-e........is there a way to tell? its a acer but thats pretty much all the info i know about it......i dont know the name of the mobo

Recommended Answers

All 48 Replies

I just bought a new computer and was wondering if it has pci-e........is there a way to tell? its a acer but thats pretty much all the info i know about it......i dont know the name of the mobo

Go here, download the tool, save a report and post it here.

I cannot figure why the only info you have is "Acer". :confused:

thats a great program alvein and thanks!

Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer ACER
Motherboard model E91M, 1.X
BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS revision 080011
BIOS release date 10/14/2004
Chipset Intel i915P/i915G rev. B1
Southbridge Intel 82801FB (ICH6) rev. 04
Sensor chip Winbond W83627THF
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x63
PCI-E Max Link Width x63

thats a great program alvein and thanks!

Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer ACER
Motherboard model E91M, 1.X
BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS revision 080011
BIOS release date 10/14/2004
Chipset Intel i915P/i915G rev. B1
Southbridge Intel 82801FB (ICH6) rev. 04
Sensor chip Winbond W83627THF
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x63
PCI-E Max Link Width x63

Problem solved, right? .... nice MoBo ;)

PS. Do you plan to connect something?

Problem solved, right? .... nice MoBo ;)

PS. Do you plan to connect something?

Im thinking about getting a new video card so i can play battlefield 2.......any suggestions

Depends on your budget!

do i have pci express ? i doubt it

CPU(s)
Number of CPUs 1
Name Intel Pentium 4
Code Name Northwood
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz
Family / Model / Stepping F 2 7
Extended Family / Model 0 0
Brand ID 9
Package mPGA-478
Core Stepping C1
Technology 0.13 µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, SSE, SSE2
CPU Clock Speed 2490.7 MHz
Clock multiplier x 25.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 99.6 MHz
Bus Speed 398.5 MHz
L1 Data Cache 8 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Trace Cache 12 Kµops, 8-way set associative
L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 2490.7 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 256 bits

Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Motherboard model P4G533LA, REV 1.xx
BIOS vendor Award Software, Inc.
BIOS revision 3.05
BIOS release date 12/18/2002
Chipset Intel i845GL rev. A1
Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4) rev. 01

Memory
DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM
DRAM Size 512 MBytes
DRAM Frequency 132.8 MHz
FSB:DRAM 3:4
CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge 3 clocks
Cycle Time (TRAS) 6 clocks
# of memory modules 1
Module 0 Smart Modular DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 512 MBytes

oh crap........i bought a pci express video card of the internet rad x550 and i cant see anywhere for it to fit in...............

oh crap........i bought a pci express video card of the internet rad x550 and i cant see anywhere for it to fit in...............

should be the top slot on the mobo on top of the regular pci slots...right?

do i have pci express ? i doubt it

No... You don't.

How do I use CPU-Z? I cannot figure it out! Please somebody take me through it step by step!

Just download the program from a website, double click it to extract the files (if it is a compressed .zip file) and choose where you want to save the files to (pick your desktop). Then open up that folder and double click cpu-z and it runs the program.

There is nothing listed under "Graphic Interface" in the "Mainboard" Tab. It is "greyed out". What does this mean?

Motherboard
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: 0JC474
Chipset: Intel i915P/i915G
Rev: B1
Southbridge: Intel 82801FB (ICH6)
Sensor: SMSC 7901

BIOS
Brand: Dell Inc.
Version: A03
Date: 10/08/2005

Graphic Interface
(boxes are grayed out and no writing is in them)

What kind of slot (PCI, PCI-E, etc.) do I have?

just tell us what kind of dell (what model), and we can tell you what kind of graphics card your computer can support. most likely though, if your computer doesnt have a graphics card in it now, it probably wont support anything besides the basic pci.

just tell us what kind of dell (what model), and we can tell you what kind of graphics card your computer can support. most likely though, if your computer doesnt have a graphics card in it now, it probably wont support anything besides the basic pci.

It is a Dell Dimension E310.

It is a Dell Dimension E310.

Well congrats! you have pci express! :)

http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Dell_Dell_Dimension_E310_Desktop_Computer_for_Home

This link tells about all the basic info of your computer. Also, the reason some stuff was grayed out on cpu-z is most likely it was a newer board that they did not add into the program yet.

You can double check this data by opening up the side of the computer case and looking at the motherboard. You should see something like this http://www.viaarena.com/images/articles/pcie 002.jpg if you have pci express. If you wanted to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card, you could install one in the pci-e 16x slot.

Hope this helps :)

Well congrats! you have pci express! :)

http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Dell_Dell_Dimension_E310_Desktop_Computer_for_Home

This link tells about all the basic info of your computer. Also, the reason some stuff was grayed out on cpu-z is most likely it was a newer board that they did not add into the program yet.

You can double check this data by opening up the side of the computer case and looking at the motherboard. You should see something like this http://www.viaarena.com/images/articles/pcie 002.jpg if you have pci express. If you wanted to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card, you could install one in the pci-e 16x slot.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the help man!

I have a Dell Dimension 8200, do I have PCI Express?

Thanks

i got a dimension 3100 do i have a PCI-E slot?

i got a dimension 3100 do i have a PCI-E slot?

lol this might be kinda late but

Number of PCI-Express x16 Slots: 1 Number of PCI-Express x1 Slots: 1 Number of PCI Slots: 2

yes the dimension 3100 does have pci-e

By the way the dells have a crappy design. Many good graphics cards need two slots (one for the card, one for the fan) but dell put the PCI-X x16 at the end so theres no slot cover for the fan.

That why people should not buy dell

Get an e machine instead!

E machines are just as bad as dell. Dont take this off-topic serunson... This is a sensible thread.

Hey guys, i downloaded CPU-Z but under graphics interface, it is greyed out. What do i do to find out whether i have PCI-16x??? Can u help me out???

Well the easiest way that i know of, is to look at your motherboard next to the slot in question.
To the side in small black writing it should say if it is PCI Express x16 or not.

Hey everyone. I am attaching a picture of my motherboard. Can someone tell me whether i have PCI-E 16x. I do have PCI-E 1x. But I donot know whether i have PCI-E 16x. And please tell me if 8800GTS 320 MB graphics card will be able to work? Thanks.....

Well if it was PCI-E x16 it would have the x 16 written there, so best bet is that you only have standard PCI express.
It really is a case of try it and see! If you can go into your local tech store, or if you are going to buy this in a shop, you could bring your computer with you and ask them to try it in your machine, just to make sure it works. I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

But the red slot looks exactly like PCI-E x16!!!

Not always the case, mine is a black slot and has PCI Express x16 printed alongside it.
So seeing as yours only says PCI Express, i don't think it is x16 speed.
Check with a computer expert shop and they will advise you further.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.