I am trying to find a way to create an un-deletable partition/content on a USB pen drive.
Basically my client wants to give customers a pen drive as a welcome gift with some multimedia and document content already recorded on a partition of the drive. The rest of the drives capacity would be for the customer to use as normal. Is there a software or method I can use to prevent erasure of this content?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I'm going to say that's not possible what you may try is creating a folder with read only rights and hope they aren't smart enought to go into security permissions take ownership of the folder and change the permissions

I have just found a method that works, so for others who want to create an "Autoload, undeletable partition on a USB stick" follow this link http://blog.usboffice.kr/?p=146

I was wondering if there was a hack for the u3 cause they come with what you are talking about. Let us know how you make out

It worked a treat!!

Awesome

Hi there.

I'm wanting to do the exact same. Want to put media on a flasdrive and hand to customers but want the media that I put on the drive to be undeleteable.

The link supplied in previous replies doesn't open .

Any advice plz

I am trying to find a way to create an un-deletable partition/content on a USB pen drive.
Basically my client wants to give customers a pen drive as a welcome gift with some multimedia and document content already recorded on a partition of the drive. The rest of the drives capacity would be for the customer to use as normal. Is there a software or method I can use to prevent erasure of this content?

@Paresh. There are companies that create such. So far if you use a common off the shelf drive, I can format it using a number of tools. The drives these companies use are "special."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.