Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble with a TS-L632D DVD+-RW drive installed on a Dell XPS M1210 notebook with Windows XP Media Center Edition.

The drive reads CDs and DVDs, but cannot write/burn on any blank disk... nor a data CD with free space available. Whenever I try to burn data to a CD the writing wizard does everything normally, displaying the progress bar, calculating time left and preparing the disk for reading. All that while the led on the drive is flashing. It even ejects the CD after it finishes, but when I insert the disk again it turns out to be empty.

I've already uninstalled the drive, reinstalled it, flashed the drivers with firmware from Dell's website and nothing works. I also tried to burn a music CD from iTunes and still nothing. The notebook doesn't have any Roxio or Nero software installed.

Of course, CD recording is enabled on that drive and also tried lowering the recording speed. Toubleshooting shows that the drive is working properly.

What could be going on?
I'm grateful for any of your help or suggestion.

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble with a TS-L632D DVD+-RW drive installed on a Dell XPS M1210 notebook with Windows XP Media Center Edition.

The drive reads CDs and DVDs, but cannot write/burn on any blank disk... nor a data CD with free space available. Whenever I try to burn data to a CD the writing wizard does everything normally, displaying the progress bar, calculating time left and preparing the disk for reading. All that while the led on the drive is flashing. It even ejects the CD after it finishes, but when I insert the disk again it turns out to be empty.

I've already uninstalled the drive, reinstalled it, flashed the drivers with firmware from Dell's website and nothing works. I also tried to burn a music CD from iTunes and still nothing. The notebook doesn't have any Roxio or Nero software installed.

Of course, CD recording is enabled on that drive and also tried lowering the recording speed. Toubleshooting shows that the drive is working properly.

What could be going on?
I'm grateful for any of your help or suggestion.

Thanks.

am facing same problem with Dell Inspiron 1525 WinXp sp2 while burning DVD

What burning software are you using? (either of you)
If it is nero, maybe you left the "simulate" checkbox checked.

Try fixing the ASPI layer.

What burning software are you using? (either of you)
If it is nero, maybe you left the "simulate" checkbox checked.

Try fixing the ASPI layer.

-----------
Hai chaky

i have checked 'Simulation', but says 'simulation not possible'..
i have installed aspi (xp32)
burning failed with following log
- PMA update failure
- could not perform end of disc at once

Nero uses its own aspi layer, so installing adaptec one won't solve your problem. Your problem is most likely faulty drive (or power supply) or corrupt Nero aspi layer. I suggest reinstalling Nero.

Nero uses its own aspi layer, so installing adaptec one won't solve your problem. Your problem is most likely faulty drive (or power supply) or corrupt Nero aspi layer. I suggest reinstalling Nero.

-----
Hai chaky

Data CD has written even same error log shown
DVD image file tried to write ; same error came ; but dvd shown no data

Ok, you lost me here.
a) Why is this marked as solved?
b) You tried to make a DVD Image or burn one to DVD?

Ok, you lost me here.
a) Why is this marked as solved?
b) You tried to make a DVD Image or burn one to DVD?

Hi Chaky
a) How i know mark solved?
b) DVD data writes with all process but its empty

Ohhh. You didn't start the thread..

Is the DVD disc EMPTY (as, the available capacity stays unchanged) after "writing" or is it just not readable? Use DiscInfo tool to check the capacity after burning attempt.

"PMA update failure" is usually media-related, which translates: your burner can't write to the DVD you put in.

Try using Traxdata or Verbatim DVDs. 99.999% of burners will work with those.

Also, updating drive's firmware might solve your problem. Firmware updates usually adds more DVD media on the "can write" list.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.