Hey guys, uhh I have this error on my Toshiba Satellite A135-S4666 laptop and using Windows Vista Home Basic. I just recovered it with the recovery disk provided. I did a full disk recovery then when it finished I restarted my computer and it said "Missing Operating System". Anyone know why is that?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This is why i hate automated recovery then often cause these problems.

You may be able to repair the boot process using the recovery console you need to boot to the windows installation a press 'R' at the first screen.

When you get to the recovery console log in as the adminitrator and type:
fixboot
then press enter and
fix mbr
then press enter then type
exit
and press enter
Let us know how you go with this.

This is why i hate automated recovery then often cause these problems.

You may be able to repair the boot process using the recovery console you need to boot to the windows installation a press 'R' at the first screen.

When you get to the recovery console log in as the adminitrator and type:
fixboot
then press enter and
fix mbr
then press enter then type
exit
and press enter
Let us know how you go with this.

I clicked 'R' at the beginning and it did nothing.

Sometimes hard disk MBR destroyed maybe this situation. You can try to repair it.

I clicked 'R' at the beginning and it did nothing.

When you insert the windows cd and boot your computer it will say press any key to load setup or something like that, press any key. Then the setup will load for a few minutes and you will then arrive at a blue screen asking you if you want to repair the os and to press r if you do.

When you insert the windows cd and boot your computer it will say press any key to load setup or something like that, press any key. Then the setup will load for a few minutes and you will then arrive at a blue screen asking you if you want to repair the os and to press r if you do.

It doesn't say that but now I fixed that one. But I have another one:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082)
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8100E/8101E Fast Ethernet Network Adapter v1.02 (060510)

CLIENT MAC ADDR: My Mac IP GUID: My GUID
PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE Rom

How do I fix that?

I assume you are getting this message when you try and boot the computer PXE is a way of booting you computer via the network not your internal hard drive.

I think you need to go into the BIOS by pressing del at POST (first boot screen) then change you boot device to the hard drive not PXE boot or disbale PXE boot i cant give you exact instructions because there a different bioses you will have to look around.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.