Member Avatar
bbllkk2003
Newbie Poster
1 post since Dec 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hello,

I have a Dell inspiron 600m and I ran into this issue last week when I suddenly cant boot up my laptop. A cranky noise from the compartment made me believe that the HDD had crashed and I therefore replaced it with a new WD - EIDE, PATA, one listed here

However even after replacing it with the new one, i still cant get rid of the problem, the system just wont boot up and keeps looping back between BIOS and the error message "Primary Hard Disk Drive 0 Not Found"

Looking at the BIOS, the Primary Hard Disk entry still shows 'None'
I have already reset the BIOS but still not haveing any luck.

Can anyone please advise what could be wrong here and what else can i do to resolve this?

Could it be that i am using an incompatible HDD?

many thanks,

Tom

Member Avatar
caperjack
I hate 20 Questions
13,852 posts since Aug 2003
Reputation Points: 875 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 902 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 69 [?]
Team Colleague

Hello,

I have a Dell inspiron 600m and I ran into this issue last week when I suddenly cant boot up my laptop. A cranky noise from the compartment made me believe that the HDD had crashed and I therefore replaced it with a new WD - EIDE, PATA, one listed here

However even after replacing it with the new one, i still cant get rid of the problem, the system just wont boot up and keeps looping back between BIOS and the error message "Primary Hard Disk Drive 0 Not Found"

Looking at the BIOS, the Primary Hard Disk entry still shows 'None'
I have already reset the BIOS but still not haveing any luck.

Can anyone please advise what could be wrong here and what else can i do to resolve this?

Could it be that i am using an incompatible HDD?

many thanks,

Tom

hi ,you need to install windows or someother OS on the harddrive first

Member Avatar
winiwa09
Light Poster
32 posts since Dec 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi members .............................................................................................
It also makes the loudest clicking noise. (It ran some scan before all this happened.. i think it might have tried to fix some problem and then created a new problem..)

I talked with a Dell technician and he troubleshooted a bit with me (took out the hard drive to see if it was damaged; took out the battery, unplugged the power supply; turned it on and then pressed F2 a bunch of times- got to a screen with a whole lot of info and it said hard drives= 0 )

By regards
anglish02
http://www.google.com

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article