1.11M Members

My CD-Rom plays but won't Burn music to CDs. What could be the problem? Help Please!

I can burn music from a cd to HD but can't burn to CD?? Whats the problem? The burner I have installed is NEC NR-7900A.

The program I use to burn my CDs is Windows Media 9.0. I have used this program for over a year now and i worked perfect.. When I try to burn a CD it says that "No Devices Detected". What could be the problem?

Dell 8200
Windows XP Home Edition

did you go into WMP's tools /options and Devices and see if the burner is still in the list ,if not try adding it to the list

a) Try using another burner software (nero, easy creator) trial version (it's free)
b) Did you try to burn CD image on disk and then burn this image to CD-R?
c) I could not burn Audio CDs, what ultimately helped was cleaning of my burner (do it at your own risk).
Check this link for more details
http://www.nero.com/us/632173730078676.html#11
-Arturas Vaitaitis

It doesn't matter what program I use, every time I try to burn a cd, it thinks the disc I put in the drive isn't blank. I don't get that.

umm, this may be a silly question, but do you have a CD-Writer or is it just a ROM?

umm, this may be a silly question, but do you have a CD-Writer or is it just a ROM?

Sorry I didn't read your post correctly

please try this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316529

I was using itunes! I don't know if the music in the library had to be from itunes, or if i was doing something wrong! I put about 18 songs that i wanted to burn in the list, then i hit burn cd. I don't know what it could be but it's a blank cd and it cancels less then a minute of trying to read the first song on the list. Help!

Are you sure you try on CD writer when burn CD and How old is your CD Wirtter,After some time CD writer lens automatically out of service.Replace CD writer Lens.

Where can somebody download KB316529?

You
View similar articles that have also been tagged: