i just reformated my computer and im having a problem. :sad: i didnt make a back up of the drivers and now when i try to install windows its saying the drive is not ready and i dont have a driver floppy disk im trying to find a disk for a Hitachi GD-2500 dvd rom can anyone help. :cry: i dont know that much about computer but i know a little

once you find it how do you put it o a disk?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Which drive is it saying is 'Not Ready'?

Have you got BIOS configured to boot from CD? From floppy? From Hard drive?

You need to tell BIOS Setup where to look for boot up files, as obviously they are gone from your hard drive after you formatted.

You can either boot from your Windows CD or from a 'Startup' floppy disk.

i just reformated my computer and im having a problem. :sad: i didnt make a back up of the drivers and now when i try to install windows its saying the drive is not ready and i dont have a driver floppy disk im trying to find a disk for a Hitachi GD-2500 dvd rom can anyone help. :cry: i dont know that much about computer but i know a little.

No driver is needed. As far as I know, no Windows XP driver is even available. A CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive is automatically recognized by the system as an ATAPI device. It's the programs recognizing the firmware that make it more. If it's not being recognized, there may be a hardware problem. There have been no hardware changes, have there?

I'm sure you'll find that's a POST error being reported.

The hard drive's been formatted and the system is unable to find boot files to start from. It simply needs BIOS altered to tell it where to look.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.