I have a Plextor PX-716SA/SW CD/DVD drive installed in a new computer. When I have an audio CD inserted, it playes OK, but when I go to My Computer and hover the mouse over the drive icon or right click on it and select " properties " it always shows used space 0 bytes and free space as 0 bytes.

If I put in a data CD or DVD sometimes it shows the used space amount and but not the free space available, then on some data CD's or DVD's it will show the free space but not the used space ( which is opposite )

I put this computer together about 3 weeks ago and initially I didnt have this problem but just showed up this weekend. I did a firmware upgrade to the Plextor drive at the beginning.

I burned off a CD and a DVD and it worked OK using the Plex Tools Pro that came with the drive.

The only change I did was to install the Roxio software that came with the Plextor drive and used it to burn a CD. I think it's Roxio v7. I don't like the Roxio software because it changed all of my Windows Media Player icons over to their own player and I cant get them back. I wonder if this software is the cause of my problems?

I'm using Windows XP Pro with SP2.
ASUS P5B Deluxe
Seagate Barricuda 320 gb Sata II HDD
Core 2 Duo E6600
2 gb OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i'd say try uninstalling Roxio and see what it does?

pygmalion

Try uninstalling roxio like pygmalion said and if that doesn't work uninstall the driver and install it again i hope that helps. if you haven't got drivers got to the manufacturers website

enjoy :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.