Hi all.. I'm facing a problem with my Laptop Hardisd, My laptop got crashed so i removed the harddisk from laptop and i fixed into a USB case, to acess my data's,

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi all.. I'm facing a problem with my Laptop Hardisd, My laptop got crashed so i removed the harddisk from laptop and i fixed into a USB case, to acess my data's,

i think im having the same problem, but im not sure cuz you didn't finish your sentance...

Hi all.. I'm facing a problem with my Laptop Hard drive, My laptop got crashed so i removed the harddisk from laptop and i fixed into a USB case, to acess my data's, but says access denied, how to remove password, please help..Thanks Hameed

Hi, What was yuor solution for removing the password from your laptop HDrive ?

so what seems to be the problem,

This is a guess but I bet your problem is you cannot access the data on the drive now in the USB..You don't have permission. If so what you need to do is take owner ship of the folders and subfolders.

Take a look at this Microsoft tech tip on how to take ownership of files and folders.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

This is a guess but I bet your problem is you cannot access the data on the drive now in the USB..You don't have permission. If so what you need to do is take owner ship of the folders and subfolders.

Take a look at this Microsoft tech tip on how to take ownership of files and folders.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

Yes or you could just delete all of the contents of the drive with a Linux utility called gparted.

i just realized that nazam79's post is an exact copy of the first post from 2007 ,so we all know what that means .wast of time for us

commented: Thanks for pointing that out :) +12
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.