Instructions for notebooks:

1. Disconnect all external devices you have.
2. Unplug the power adapter from the notebook.
3. Remove the battery from the notebook (if possible).
4. Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the power adapter.
Do not yet reconnect the external devices, they should stay disconnected. Do not yet reseat the battery.
6. Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally and watch if the power LED lights up.
7. If the power LED still does not lights up, continue with the next steps.
8. Disconnect the power adapter from the notebook.
9. Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
10. Reseat the battery. Do not reconnect the power adapter.
11. Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally.

Instead of 15seconds. Try holding the power button for 1 minutes at least.
And try it for both without adapter once and without battery once...

my laptop purchased 1/2010 is not turning on, blue power light comes on, no charge light. I had same issue 2x before and i purchased 2 batteries and 1 powercord. before i go that road again any suggestions ?

elliott,

If I were you I would first check the voltage from the charger. If you've had this problem twice before I kind of suspect that the part that you plug the charger into has a broke soldering point. Did the batteries and power cord you bought before immediately remedy the problem?

Hello elliottjewelS, not sure if you realized but this thread hasnt been active for over 9 months. It is recommended that you start your own thread if you need help on a topic. A thread with multiple questions from more than one person is difficult to work with.

half these problems are north bridge gpu problems a solder as come loose under the chip this is quite easy to repair if your in the know simply take the motherboard out remove the heatsink and cover the area around the chip with foil then put a 2pence piece on the chip and heat with a hot air gun for a few minutes leave to cool for about 15 mins then reassemble everything and switch on should work as you will of reflowed the solders under the northbridge chip wich is a common fault in all laptops !!

Must say, I haven't come across such a fix before but always good to know!

when i would use the laptop, not even 45 mins and it would just shut off, and it would be hard to even get it running again. it would be hot and turn on later, but now it winks on then off. tried the battery thing, the 15-min thing, and nothing worked. help?

1) take the battery out of your laptop and the laptop charger
2) plug your laptop charger in your laptop without the battery in it,
3) Try to turn it on the normal way:
If it turns on, then your battery has gone, (Its drained and run out of use like all batteries do)
if it stays off then its a charger problem
You would want to hope its a charger problem as they are cheap and easily replaceable
Hope i helped
I guess its a charger problem because its not turning on and the laptop automatically would use the charger as a main power supply if the battery doesn't work
and oh by the way
If the battery isn't in it, your laptop will act as a pc whereas if you plug the charger in it will work, but if you take it out while the laptop is on then it will go off instantly without a successful shutdown which could mean a loss of work

I have this exact problem. In the past I would plug the laptop in (even though the charge light wasn't coming on) and leave it plugged in for 15 minutes or more. Then I would press the power button and it would finally turn on and boot up.

Since then my problem got worse. I couldn't do that anymore. I noticed what causes the issue for me is leaving the laptop and not plugging it in. If the battery slowly discharges and the computer shuts down It won't want to be power on again

Now when I forget to plug my computer in before my battery is fully discharged it won't turn on. I have been able to get it to turn on but I don't know how I do it. I unplug everything, take out all the screws in the bottom of the laptop ( during this process the computer is being flipped around in all directions) then I plug it in and the charge light will for some reason come on. Let her charge up for a bit then bingo bango it powers up.

Now I never let the battery fully discharge 100%.

i have got a cioecud tablet pc a red light came on and it powerd on then it went off now the power light will not come on i have holded the power button in and the volum button
to can u help plez

Have a similar problem, I have a gateway model w350I. It will not turn on. What be the problem here?

My laptop was not open but the LED light was working. What im going to do? :( please help me.

By accident I cured the same problem with my laptop. I tried all the posts I got mine to work by just holding the power button down and rapidly plugging and unplugging the power cord. It worked don't ask me why.

I have a NE56R28u, the battery was almost discharged and I plugged the power adapter but suddenly the notebook gets immediately turned off. Now the notebook does not power on at all. I have tried the steps mentioned above.
I'll appreciate if somebody could tell me which one the problem is... Thanks in advance, but the way the computer was almost brand new

The problem is that the GPU has become unsoldered from the PCB. It's very common and unless you have a workshop with a reflow oven (google it, I am not wasting my time explaining) you stand little chance of ever getting it work.

When older and (cheap/nasty) laptops are left running for a long time the GPU gets HOT, if it get too hot, it will literally, desolder itself from the PCB.

All this fiddle-arsing around with power supplies is a waste of time.

You can see the fault and repair here:- https://youtu.be/Xbz5HKjU-Yk

The problem is that the GPU has become unsoldered from the PCB. It's very common and unless you have a workshop with a reflow oven (google it, I am not wasting my time explaining) you stand little chance of ever getting it work.

When older and (cheap/nasty) laptops are left running for a long time the GPU gets HOT, if it get too hot, it will literally, desolder itself from the PCB.

All this fiddle-arsing around with power supplies is a waste of time.

You can see the fault and repair here:- https://youtu.be/Xbz5HKjU-Yk

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.