Am going mental already cos my computer has been shutting down for the past 2 days. everytime i use TMPGenc, Windows Movie Maker or Stoik Video converter to convert a movie file, it automatically shutsdown. I end up not finishing anything and it's very frustrating.

I've checked and re-checked my computer for possible virus but there;s no virus on my computer. I've used a trojan cleaner, searched for MSBlaster.exe on my comp but it's zilch. I's virus free so why is it restarting by itself?

BTW, my computer has an AMD motherboard, runs on Win XP and has 2 HDD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

check you're using the latest video card drivers available
also, make sure your ram is properly seated in your motherboard
also ... i forgot what menu it's under, but there is an option somewhere to "reboot computer due to a bugcheck" or the like, try disabling that

also, check your error logs in the administration part of the control panel, and see what bugchecks come up

{quote}i forgot what menu it's under, but there is an option somewhere to "reboot computer due to a bugcheck" or the like, try disabling that

right click mycomputer/properties/advanced/start up and recovery /Settings. system failure/Automatically restart.!:)

I checked your profile to see what your "RIG" had in it memory wise... maybe you dont have enough RAM to do video editing also are you trying to run this on a limited account?

make sure your ram is properly seated in your motherboard

Not to be smart or to undermind the lovely admin but I think your comp will give you an error or wont boot to a screen if your only ram stick isnt locked in correctly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.