I tried starting my laptop this morning, but it won't boot up. I haven't added any new hardware, and don't think it got dropped. It shut down normally last night.
The power light comes on normally (blue) when I press the power button, and the harddrive light flickers for an instant (blue) then goes off. My CD light is on, but orange, and the drive won't open.
Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hmm, interesting. Is your battery dead completely? Thinking the mains power supply might have blown - I have had a Toshiba laptop mains that blew myself. Had to change the fuse then it was fine....

Hmm, interesting. Is your battery dead completely? Thinking the mains power supply might have blown - I have had a Toshiba laptop mains that blew myself. Had to change the fuse then it was fine....

Thanks for responding.
My battery looks good and it charged up... does that still sound like a blown fuse?

Not a blown fuse, perhaps your battery has faulted. I don't suppose you have another to test do you?

No...
But even when I remove the battery and run off the power outlet, I'm having the same problem.

hey guys i have the same problem. i am currently trying to help a friend fix his toshiba satellite a135. the problems you are having are the same as mine black screen,some lights work,dvd drive will not open,and yet my fans start running. to me it like it tries to start up then like 4 seconds later it just stops and sets there with some lights on and fans running. i heard something about bad power supply problems but i don't know if that's our problem. i am right now in the middle of full disassembly and hope the problem jump out at me. please don,t give up on this problem. i am finding it really hard to find anybody with these exact issues.

I dont know if this will help but its worth a shot. I was working on a dell insperation desktop with the same symtoms. lights fans and nothing else. it turned out to be one of the memory moduals. i removed one and when i booted it went into bios and showed a memory change message. when i removed that one and put in the other it booted. i bought another gig of ram and was back going.

thanks for the suggestion i will try it. who would have thought that would be your problem. these issues are hard to figure out cause its nothing very signifigant.

tried removing one of the memory sticks but it still didn't do anything. what ever it is power is only getting to the lights and the fans. i wonder if it is a busted motherboard. i tried to get some info off of toshiba's website but there website is about as useless as this laptop. upon reading a whole lot of forums the only thing i have found out is alot of people have had broken satellite a135 but they all had a warranty. That's what my friend should have got when he bought this P.O.S. i'll keep lookin.

My Laptop is doing the same thing!!
Did anyone on here get their problem resolved??? If so, please explain. Any help will be great...

Hello, I resolved the same problem taken out the memory modules after remove the batery pack, il restore the modules and batery and turned the machine on succefully . My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527, is the first time a have this problem, thanks to all for your tips.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.