I come home from a long day driving grandparents around and come in to a pc that I turned off before I left. I now find that the PC isn't starting nothing happens when I push the buttons no beeps, no screen nothing. I do see that the motherboard is getting power through a green light that is always on when power is running into the pc. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I come home from a long day driving grandparents around and come in to a pc that I turned off before I left. I now find that the PC isn't starting nothing happens when I push the buttons no beeps, no screen nothing. I do see that the motherboard is getting power through a green light that is always on when power is running into the pc. Any suggestions?

Hmm from what it sounds like your power supply might not giving your computer enough power. I suggest unpluging everything from the power supply and mmobo except for the motherboard, processor, and ram, and see if it turns on.

alright thanks for the tip i'll go give that a shot now and hope it works.

this did indeed work i'm assuming that means I just need to replace the power supply?

yes you should get a newer- higher capacity power supply. Suppose you have a 300 watt right now. Go for a 500 watt. depending on how much wattage you have get a higher wttage power supply.

thi one i belive is solved! score one for the dryvit! :)

thi one i belive is solved! score one for the dryvit! :)

LOL.LOL.LOL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.