I have a 4 year old Toshiba A75-S209 that crashed from a virus of some kind. I used the Toshiba restore disk (windows xp home) and was able to go thru the install process. At the end of the install it tells you to remove the disk and press any key. After removing the disk and pressing any key, the computer shuts down and gives me the toshiba splash screen with the F@ & F12 options at the bottom & then goes to an all black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left corner. This is the same thing that was happening before I used the restore disk, any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Press f8 while booting and select last known good configuration. If that fails, try safe mode.

Thanks for the tip, I tried both of those and still nothing, it always goes back to the black screen.

Did the disk restoration go well (no error messages)?

When you tried safe mode, did you see the list of drivers that were loaded? (it splashes the list briefly)

You should try reseating RAM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.