This problem only happens when I play Age Of Mythology at any given time during the game. Its happened on other multimedia programs but not offen. Just more so now when I run the game. The computer system completely freezes up including the cursor. And the speakers start buzzing loadly. The only thing left to do is press the external Restart button.

My questions is what hardware component is causing this and how do I fix it?

WinXP Pro
AMD Athlon XP 1700
Geforce4 MX440
384mb ram

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

WAREZ? Too HOT to handle!!!
Now back to your hardware question of course since you mentioned your speakers. I want to say sound card but if the game is bunk or scratched this could cause the same reaction.
(suggestion)Get a CD Rom cleaner(CD)Disk type.

Going through my Video setting on my computer, I notice I set the "system memory for PCI mode textures" to 100MB from the default of 47MB. My video card is 64MB. Does that memory pertain to the video card memory? Because I set it back to the default setting(47MB) and I havent had problems yet with the game freezing up the system.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I needed was DirectX 9

Thank you all for your help

I had that problem before and I was later told that I had a virus.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.