Hi ,

well, in addition the my problems with loading XP on my PC, I now have another problem. I have just bought a second hand Asus Hi-grade Laptop, not bad for an old one (4 years I believe) When I bought it i was told it had an intermittent problem with booting up, when switched on, sometimes the fan starts, the lights come on but no display.(apparently this only happened every now and then) I was told that the problem was thought to be a faulty switch. The Laptop has worked fine for me for 2 days and i was very happy with it, went to turn it on day before yesterday, just fan & lights no display. Kept trying for ages. Took front panel off and repaired switch, the spring had come loose - Simple. This made no difference whatsoever.I have tried connecting my pc moniter to the Laptop to check the screen - no display on that either. (I presume that can be done) I am now getting very frustrated - its all going wrong :cry: :cry: :cry: Any ideas on this before i find I have to shell out loads of dosh to get it repaired - is it even worth it!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hmm, this could be a motherboard problem, try taking battey out, hooking it up to the mains, and then turning the power button on at the same time as the power switch... it may work

hmm, this could be a motherboard problem, try taking battey out, hooking it up to the mains, and then turning the power button on at the same time as the power switch... it may work

Thanks for your reply, Ive tried that, doesnt work. Im presuming that if it is the Motherboard then its going to be expensive right?

Hi
when restart my laptop,on black screen "104- unsupport wireless network device detected system halted. removed device and restart. I cant see any wireless devices, how can i do?

Hi
my laptop is hp compaq presario v2000.when start only black screen on "press F1 to resume, press F10 to setting change.So i colect F1 After "104-unsupport wireless network device detected system. remove device and restart." how can i do?

my laptop is hp compaq presario v2000.when start only black screen on "press F1 to resume, press F10 to setting change.So i collect F1 After "104-unsupport wireless network device detected system. remove device and restart." how can i do?
I restart alway same screen.BIOS setting change also same previous state.Before one time this screen appear i can restart normally, but this time i cant restart.

Not sure that mine is the same problem. Brand new Compaq Presario Windows 7. It works fine but on two occasions wouldn't boot. First time it was on battery only, and from a complete shutdown, so I plugged in to mains, and it started fine. Second time was today from Hibernation and first on battery, then mains. It was only after pressing power button for about the 6th time that it booted and ran fine after that.

I phoned support at E-Buy where I got it and a techie there told me it might(?) be a faulty battery (Windows check reports no probs with it and it's fully charged). I have some instructions to try if it happens again, i.e. taking out battery, starting from AC mains only, having first removed all USB connections etc ...

I'm hoping this isn't a more serious problem. I have a phone no. to contact HP if necessary -- the E-Buy guy told me HP would send me a new battery.

Sounds a bit too simple to me, but does this really happen, I mean with the battery?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Brian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.