Hi

Yesterday when I started my computer it would not run. Today I have looked around the web and the syptoms seem to link the problem to the hard drive. I have bought another but still no luck. I have had the cover off, cleaned off the fans (they work fine), disconected the A drive, CD & DVD drives in turn, but still nothing. When the computer is switched on, the Monitor clicks on but then switches its self into the stand-by mode, when I unplug it a message comes on saying NO SIGNAL DETECTED & CHECK SIGNAL CABLE. I can not think of what else to do, my computer is a Pentium 3 933mhz with 256 ram, broadband, DVD, CD & A Drive operating Windows XP Pro, and I have had it for 4 years. Up to now I have never had any problems, can anybody please help. Thankyou in advance

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You've said the symptoms seem to point to the hard drive, but you've not shared those symptoms with us?

The 'no signal present' error message could perhaps point to a problem with the display card or with the monitor cord, but not necessarily, as it is a standard error message which simply says that the PC is not working..

Yes thanks,

You've said the symptoms seem to point to the hard drive, but you've not shared those symptoms with us?

The 'no signal present' error message could perhaps point to a problem with the display card or with the monitor cord, but not necessarily, as it is a standard error message which simply says that the PC is not working..

Could it be the mother board, how can I check to see if its working or not?

`I just got an Ibm 300pl pentium 3 , when i power up not a thing comes on , no boot up no fans , no drives ,no lights. come some one please tell mew what to try.
yhank you. :(

`I just got an Ibm 300pl pentium 3 , when i power up not a thing comes on , no boot up no fans , no drives ,no lights. come some one please tell mew what to try.
yhank you.

If it is plugged on...That this is the case....The first cause will be defective power supply...You can find one at Ebay..Just type IBM and part number...A used one runs about $20.00 plus shipping...If you want a new one this is the link: http://www.affordablesurplus.com/ps-selector-ibm.asp
Check this link on Ebay for a used one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Astec-120W-Power-Supply-AA19955A-for-IBM_W0QQitemZ120129054647QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42018QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this will help...!!

Very helpful, but in case you havent noticed, this thread is from 2005 !

Very helpful, but in case you havent noticed, this thread is from 2005 !

Ok...Thanks I did no noticed it..!! This probably because I had the same problem...Anyway..My son-in-law gave a Compaq computer yunk ....What I did is I manage to run it an it runs...It does have a Windows XPpro...But what was my surprise....Besides all this things I have gone into it...because my computer could not run...It powered on...But not run...I got into the problem about WXP was missing the start bar...And after reading other posts...One of them says I do need to create another user account with admin privileges...And zooommm! Got the Start menu,...So I can delete other accounts and files...Well I will try my two hard drives into this Yunk----Which now it is working like new...Compared to my tower...I will swap hard drives to si if one of them is damaged...Until in a couple of hours I will see all...And thanks for the feedback and support!!

I m also having problem in my dell inspiron 1525.
Suddenly whole my hard disk become corrupted,and when i tried to format it. It is taking too much time
then come that I hated most BSOD (Blue Screen Of death)
Can any one help me to open up my laptop n fix it.

Why are you adding on to a thread that was started in 2005 and last updated in 2007? Read the previous posts and follow the advice or open a new one if they don't help.

hi i am using dell inspron 1525 i has been suffering the issue last 3 months

when turn on, dell logo appearing then screen getting black no message coming
i ran the diagnostic got 146 and 148 errors plz any body help me to resolve the same

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.