Hey guys,

I have had a problem with my laptop where when started up the screen remained blank however i fixed this problem via a post on the forum so thanx for that....

....but now when the laptop is booted up it goes to the Toshiba screen where you can press F2 to go to "Setup" or F12 to go to "Multiboot" then it will go into the "Window XP" Screen with the green loading bar however soon after this the screen goes blank and remains like that despite leaving it running for a while..

im not the greatest pc user out there unlike alot on here altho if im shown/told what and ho to fix things then ill have ago, but please try not to get too technical on me will you lol

anyways thanx in advance for any help you guys throw my way

Mouse

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hey guys,

I have had a problem with my laptop where when started up the screen remained blank however i fixed this problem via a post on the forum so thanx for that....

....but now when the laptop is booted up it goes to the Toshiba screen where you can press F2 to go to "Setup" or F12 to go to "Multiboot" then it will go into the "Window XP" Screen with the green loading bar however soon after this the screen goes blank and remains like that despite leaving it running for a while..

im not the greatest pc user out there unlike alot on here altho if im shown/told what and ho to fix things then ill have ago, but please try not to get too technical on me will you lol

anyways thanx in advance for any help you guys throw my way

Mouse

Hello Mouse,

Have you tried safe mode? Press F8 after the startup screen and before the windows loading screen.

- Let us know if you can enter safe mode.

Hey Xlphos, thanx for the quick response,

i was able to select safe mode, but the screen is now full with

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys

\isapnp.sys etc etc... and it's stuck there

Okay can you tell me where is stops and tell me what is says.

I suggest entering safe mode with command prompt and type chkdsk /r - This will take quite a while, this will repair some errors on disk.

Do you have the XP CD?

the last one is

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\BTHidMgr.sys

i selected safe mode with command prompt but im unable to type anything in.

and nope no cd but im pretty sure i can source one

If you get a CD you may be able to repair XP.

the only copy i can get ahold of is xp pro and my machine is xp home, would pro be usable or would that be a waste of time?

I don't think they are compatable. You could try it though boot from pro and select repair; I don't know if it will work. If they aren't compatable it should say.

I would get a linux live CD and back up any data you want. If you could get hold of an XP home CD it would be much better, you only need to repair it.

If you can't and if your system specs are quite good you may be able to run windows 7 RC.

Hey guys just to let you know that my problem is fixed needed to reinstall xp, just took a while to find a copy.....now all i have to do is install new drivers etc

thanx for the help

Hey guys just to let you know that my problem is fixed needed to reinstall xp, just took a while to find a copy.....now all i have to do is install new drivers etc

thanx for the help

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

I have had the same problem and googled it which brought me to this page.

Mouse82 could you tell me how you did the installation? I have got a windows xp CD however nothing ask me to repair when I insert the CD.

Cheers
Lauza

Hey mouse i am having the same problem my toshiba equium a210 screen goes blank on startup can u plz giv me the link to the post where u find the solution to this plz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.