Hi, and thanks to all to can help.
To make the story short, I have a Dell Latitude, and the power button stoppen working. Upon inspection, I found that the power button board itself was broken. This was confirmed because none of the caps lights, etc didn't light up when the computer did work, so it was dying. Anyway, now the computer won't turn on!!!! Is there anyway to bypass the main switch on the Power Cirucit board itself?? I know I can get a new one, but it won't come soon enough! Once I get it on, I can keep it in standby.

I do know that if I remove the power circuit board, I can see that it connects to the motherboard itself through a plug. Is there any way to use this to start the computer???

Please help, and thanks to anyone who replies immediately!

{Ps- I am good at computers, but am not great inside the computer, but cam take certain things apart}.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if you love to do experiments at your own risk...and you're 101% sure that it's your power board button was broken..

if you're power board button is using SPST (single pole single throw) switch..you can just short the two terminals with a tweezer and it should be okay, if it's only the button..

and if your power board button is using a SPDT, DPST switch then it's another story... but normally power board button is not that easy to broke...

better send it to service center of your manufacturer and be ready for some big bucks of charges..LOL :)

what is spst? There are no wires from my power board to the mother board. The power board directly plugs into the motherboard.

if you love to do experiments at your own risk...and you're 101% sure that it's your power board button was broken..

if you're power board button is using SPST (single pole single throw) switch..you can just short the two terminals with a tweezer and it should be okay, if it's only the button..

and if your power board button is using a SPDT, DPST switch then it's another story... but normally power board button is not that easy to broke...

better send it to service center of your manufacturer and be ready for some big bucks of charges..LOL :)

If you're not 101% sure get the wiring diagram for your motherboard.

spst is single pole single thru

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.