Hi

I am using a dell inspiron 1150 laptop running genuine windows xp home edition.

Nowdays I am facing a problem that while booting the machine I am getting the blue screen of 'Windows is starting up' for several minutes and it is not proceeding to show the Login icon of Users.

Even seldomly when it proceeds to show Login icons after several minutes of wait then also it cant login to my personal settings (can't load windows properly) and shows a blue blank desktop.

I have recently downgraded from XP SP3 to XP SP2 and there are several $uninstall folders created in my C:/Windows.even after downgrade syatem worked fine for over a month.
Is my Windows corrupt ? I can't use system restore as there are no restore points as well as my CD drive with windows XP disc to recover as my cd drive is not working. also none of the peripherals like pen drive work in 'Safe Mode'.
The only way I can open my laptop is running networking in safe mode where I can access Internet from.

Also whenever I am trying to shutdown from 'Safe mode' it is showing a 'Sample' program running which needs to be closed by'End task immediately' everytime i shut down.

Please let me know if this can be resolved by downloading something from microsoft to repair windows if it is a windows corruption or 'driver' error. the original Windows CD i Have is XP SP1but i kept updatingmy machine through windows updates and it is currently running SP2

Thanks in anticipation...

cheers
Mits

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just to add in the last working condition the hardware devices attached to my Laptop were
External WIfI card
USB cable for a cooling base FAN

and for Antivirus i was running AVIRA home edition. I also replaced my laptop battery couple of months back.

I also tried logging using the same hardware settings and chossing start windows with most recent settings that worked but still no results

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

That will tell us if your problem is malware related or not.

Also try defragmenting your hard drive and checking for any hard drive issues. It secondly (if it isn't malware, was also my first assumption) might be caused by a hard drive issue as it seems windows can't access some files or is taking very long to do so.

I believe windows provides software to check the hard drive etc on microsoft download.

commented: Will you STOP pegging yourself to requests for help, adding nothing but vague or useless tidbits! Is getting old. +0

Josh Connerty, please read the site rules.

Keep It Spam-Free
Do not spam, advertise, plug your website, or engage in any other type of self promotion. To encourage open, unbiased (incentive-free) discussion, it is prohibited to refer to sites you own or are affiliated with outside of the Business Exchange category.

Josh Connerty, please read the site rules.

Given the useless blurbs regularly inserted willy-nilly, not really sure the site rules would be written for his comprehension level :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.