Can anyone please help me? I have a computer with athlon processor and 1 and a half Gig ram, two hard discs. It was a very expensive machine that in a few months after I bought it needed a new main board because the original was of poor quality and I was scamed by the store I bought it from.
A while ago, when I turn it on the lights turn on, the sound beeps but suddenly goes down. It does it several times in a row and finally dies completely. Is inside a box with six fans so I don't think its over heating. I took it to the server and the technics on other store told me that one of the hard discs was about to collapse and i got a new one.
I brought it home, worked for a few days and the problem seems to have come back.
Can anyone of you help me guys?
K

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

those beeps are a code to what is wrong based upon the bios chipset...

Usually in a sequence of three or four groups...

Usually 1,1,1 is ram etc...

Did you ever check the cmos to see the temp of the cpu?

those beeps are a code to what is wrong based upon the bios chipset...

Usually in a sequence of three or four groups...

Usually 1,1,1 is ram etc...

Did you ever check the cmos to see the temp of the cpu?

Thanks Inspector
I found your observation very clever and i must think about it although this computer has a fancy pannel that is supposed to control the temperature of all those fans inside and the devices they are cooling. Since the first day i got it it will make several beeps when i turn it on but in fact i never payed really attention to its sequence. Maybe you are right and it is turning of because of the temperature is getting to a critical point. but then.... just on the moment i turn it on?
K

It might be one of the components you haven't replaced yet. my technique is to start the machine without one of the components, one by one. If booting persists to fail it might be the PSU or CPU. Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.