Was giving a HPze500 laptop
and now it will not reboot and says no operating system can be found. I get a black screen that says it tries to reboot and then a message "PXE-E61- Media text failure, check cable" shows up and it goes directly to Operating system not found. I already tried going through HP's reboot process but it won't even run the disk. I try using the recovery CD it gets to the first part to start to restore and then spits the disc out! Please Help any ideas I've tried to get a screen to type a command that someone suggested but, don't know how to get the screen to appear to try that? I wanted to surprise my 14 yr daughter with the laptop but, desperate to get working!

Not a tech
please help!
Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

first thing try going into bios/setup,make sure that booting from network device is not in the boot order

Member Avatar for Dukane

While in the BIOS, make sure it is recognizing your hard disk drive! Sounds like your hard disk drive is not working anymore.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.