Right,

Got my new PC last week, and yesterday i got my copy of WindowsXP 64-bit Edition Upgrade (the trial one). I currently have WinXP Professional.

Tried to install it, but the setup won't detect my hard drive. Which is impossible since my PC is working mighty fine as it is.

The HDD is a SATA, the motherboard is a GB K8T-something, the AMD64 based one.

During setup, Win will ask me to press F6 if i want to setup a 3rd party SATA HDD, which i did, but then it comes back saying i need a floppy with the drivers. Which i only just found so i'll try this when i get home tonight. The thing is, if my PC is working fine now as it is, it means it already has the proper drivers, so why is the upgrade not detecting it?

As i said i could only fiddle around for a few minutes last night, will check this out properly during the weekend...

But am i missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

(or i'll just forget about this bloody WinXP-64, although it would have been nice to try it out)

Right,

Got my new PC last week, and yesterday i got my copy of WindowsXP 64-bit Edition Upgrade (the trial one). I currently have WinXP Professional.

what trial one!
the winxp 64 still needs to axcess you harddrive to install ,thats why it needs the sata drivers .it dosn't know yet that a copy of xp excist on the hdd!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.