My laptop does not turn on plugged in or not . press the on button and it light up but shut right off.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

maybe it's the battery connection or the power supply. how old is your laptop, what model is it, and what is maybe the possible thing had happen before this

Check the power supply is connected and supplying power. Most laptops have a led somewhere to indicate that it is 1) getting power and 2) charging the battery. If nothing else check the output of the power supply with a volt meter.

My laptop is a compaq presariov6000 its about two years old now.It was broken about six months after I bought it, we brung back to the store we bought it from after that. i don't remember what geek squad said about,I just remember somthing about motherboard but since its been sitting in my office now I'm trying see if there is something I can do about it.

you should told us earlier, a laptop is more complicated than a desktop. i suggest not to open any screws. send it to a authorize person

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.