Hello all.

Thus far, my computer has been dead for about 5 days, and I've narrowed down what the problem may be, and I need a bit of help on that part.

First, the background story:
My sister, one day, happened to be playing GTA:Vice City, when the computer suddenly crashed for no particular reason. I had attempted to reboot the system, but it locked at the BIOS, not long after the RAM check. I restarted it again (Forced-restart; in other words, I had to turn off the power supply, then turn it back on.) At which point, the computer refused to boot at all. The power light went on, but the monitor just went to sleep. I forced it awake by attempting to open its color configuation menu, and lo-and-behold, I received the famous RGB "No Signal" error.

My primary conclusion was that It was my Video Card (Because I had bought a new one, recently) so I swapped it with my older one, and still nothing. I tried reseting the CMOS, and that didn't work. Swapped power supplies with this computer, that didnt work. I checked to see if my CPU pins were bent, and they weren't.

Considering that this (obviously) isn't a software problem, I'll provide my specs (The nessicary ones.)

MotherBoard: MSI-6566E*
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.0GHz (Usless info: FSB: 400MHz, 478 Socket.)
RAM: 768 MB of PC2100 DDR2. (one's 256MB, the other is 512MB)

*A note of interest on my motherboard is that it came along with this nifty D-Bracket 2 which has 2 USB 2.0 Ports on it as well as fault reporting LED's. Why this is so nifty, is that all four LED's are red. Which has led me to beleive the following two conclusions:

1. My Motherboard is dead.
2. My CPU is fried (I never overclocked it, mind you.)

Now, the reason why I posted this, If it seems as if i have it figured out, is because I want a DEFINIATE answer. Is it either the motherboard, or the CPU? Or maybe something else?

Some help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hi Sir_Kamon,
from what you've said so far.. it's probably not the video card but something else.
You can troubleshoot your computer step by step at my website using the flowcharts. Don't assume anything. .. just start at the beginning chart & work your way thru EACH CHART to help pinpoint the problem.
If you still need more help, post back here.
Good luck :)
RGPHNX

Hi Sir_Kamon,
from what you've said so far.. it's probably not the video card but something else.
You can troubleshoot your computer step by step at my website using the flowcharts. Don't assume anything. .. just start at the beginning chart & work your way thru EACH CHART to help pinpoint the problem.
If you still need more help, post back here.
Good luck :)
RGPHNX

I get it now. Thanks for the assistance. I assume that its my MoBo that's faulty. I shall replace it soon.

I get it now. Thanks for the assistance. I assume that its my MoBo that's faulty. I shall replace it soon.

Hahaha, go figure, it wasn't my MoBo, it was my processor. Thanks anyway.

By the way, it is impossible for someone on a forum such as this to confirm DEFINITELY whether it is motherboard or processor in a situation such as this. It will USUALLY be the processor, but only testing can confirm that.

Hi Catweazle,
re:

By the way, it is impossible for someone on a forum such as this to confirm DEFINITELY whether it is motherboard or processor in a situation such as this. It will USUALLY be the processor, but only testing can confirm that.

Exactly!
I guess no good deed goes unpunished !
RGPHNX

No worries. I figured as much. Guess I found out the hard way, eh? =P

No worries. I figured as much. Guess I found out the hard way, eh? =P

no you just ruled out your possibilities which was excellent work on your part. you asked basically if anyone here agreed with you and you got your ansa. one thing to always look at is the 'what ifs':?:

Best of Luck Sir Kamon !! :)
RGPHNX

For a couple months now, my computer has been freezing after it has been turned on for about 10 min. When i go too restart it, it has "no signal" on the monitor, but the computer is still on. What could this be?

i have reinstalled my OS then also i face the same problem no signal to computer what might be the reason?

HI! one big problem guys, if you can help. I had a windows and linux on a same machine and I deleted the partitions, thinking - well I wasn thinking - that will erase everything and reinstall something other versions. But now, after I deleted the partitions, the computer wont even start BIOS. It detects the hdd and cdrom but this is about it. Then it stops!

hey guys one big problem is created.my CPU works but monitor dosen't response........
would you please give any suggession

commented: Don't reply to a thread that is already 6 years old. Start a new thread and post your problem +0

Hi. Sorry to revive this thread. Well, I have quite the problem similar to this. Moments ago I was watching my favorite anime. When I suddenly moved and banged my computer something on my screen comes out. Like you can say on matrix. Some codes I can't hardly read. So I restarted my computer and " NO SIGNAL DETECTED " Greeted me. I did everything to troubleshoot. Remove the RAM's, CMOS, Hard drive, check for bent pins, anything as far of my knowledge on computer and yet won't turn on. I have a different feeling about my fans. It keeps on reving up and down. Don't know why. The problem is that the computer that I'm using was barrowed from my mom's office. I really want to fix this up. Need your expert advice and help. Please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.