I just want to share this with you guys. Most people I know are taking for granted their printers that they do not make the necessary "care" and attention that this hardware needs.

I always advise friends to clean properly their printers as well as have it rest for a while especially if it is overused for too much printing jobs. Also, replacing ink cartridges and toners with good quality ones can help a lot for a long lasting printer.

I just want to share this with you guys. Most people I know are taking for granted their printers that they do not make the necessary "care" and attention that this hardware needs.

I always advise friends to clean properly their printers as well as have it rest for a while especially if it is overused for too much printing jobs. Also, replacing ink cartridges and toners with good quality ones can help a lot for a long lasting printer.

Thanks for this message. I totally agree with you. My sister bought a brand new Canon printer last year and she replaced the toners last month with cheap ones she saw in a shop downtown. At first, it went fine in printing some graphic materials but after two days, the printouts were messy. A computer technician told her that her new toners were substandard and if use further it can entirely ruined her printer.

Thanks for this message. I totally agree with you. My sister bought a brand new Canon printer last year and she replaced the toners last month with cheap ones she saw in a shop downtown. At first, it went fine in printing some graphic materials but after two days, the printouts were messy. A computer technician told her that her new toners were substandard and if use further it can entirely ruined her printer.

How many months old is the printer? Because if it is still less than a year, then maybe it can still fall under warranty under Canon.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.