system beeps when turned on. I get one long beep then silence then one long beep. this just continues and I get nothing else. video connected, mouse connected, keyboard connected. boot system does not start. there is no video so i can't do recovery.
please help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

This is a RAM problem. I would take it to HP if it's still in warranty.

system beeps when turned on. I get one long beep then silence then one long beep. this just continues and I get nothing else. video connected, mouse connected, keyboard connected. boot system does not start. there is no video so i can't do recovery.
please help.

Hi I am going to check the memory but since I wrote the first thread I have exchanged the hard drive and tried booting the system, but still nothing on screen accept the no video message. There is power to the keyboard on booting (keyboard lights flash). The beep was still there. All fans working.

I then changed the hard drives back and the long beep had stopped two of the three fans have also stopped working and the blue light on the front of the system is no longer working.
Although there is no beep as you can see I have now got other problems.

Any idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.