I have cable concection so I leave my computer on all the time. Sometimes when I come back to use it, it will either say that my memory is low or the screen saver is froze. I've tried to do control, alt, delete, but it won't work, because it's frozen. All I can do is use the power button in back to shut it off and restart it. Anyone have any ideas on why this?
Thank You

I have cable concection so I leave my computer on all the time. Sometimes when I come back to use it, it will either say that my memory is low or the screen saver is froze. I've tried to do control, alt, delete, but it won't work, because it's frozen. All I can do is use the power button in back to shut it off and restart it. Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

Yes. Many third-party screen savers have memory leaks -- so, over time, the free memory drops to zero. This is especially true for Win 9x, since GDI, SYS, and User RAM is limited to 512 KB or less. A free utility like TinyResMeter can be useful for monitoring memory.

Also, try a different screensaver, like "Blank screen," and see what happens.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.