Hi,

I have a IBM Aptiva 3153-E3N(AMD-K6-2/300 Processor with 128 mb Ram and ATI rage Pro Turbo AGP Graphics). Whenever I am playing the Microsoft Midtown Madnesss and the Monster Truck games, or any other fast moving games the Computer freezes. It is functional once again on being rebooted but on two occasions I had to reformat the Harddisk since the computer refused to retart.

Can anyone suggest if the configuration is OK or it requires some sort of tweaking?

Sayvari

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi,

I have a IBM Aptiva 3153-E3N(AMD-K6-2/300 Processor with 128 mb Ram and ATI rage Pro Turbo AGP Graphics). Whenever I am playing the Microsoft Midtown Madnesss and the Monster Truck games, or any other fast moving games the Computer freezes. It is functional once again on being rebooted but on two occasions I had to reformat the Harddisk since the computer refused to retart.

Can anyone suggest if the configuration is OK or it requires some sort of tweaking?

Sayvari

Sayv,

Your config appears to be fine for the game. I just have a few questions... does it freeze all the time at the same spots? Or random times when you have a lot going on in-game? Does your system start up the game fine and has it frozen at the startup screen for the game at all? Does the system freeze when performing any other functions or slower paced games?

This problem is hard to pinpoint because a system freeze could be a number of things. HardDrive space, memory failure, software conflicts, processor faults. Answer those questions when you get a chance and I can give you possible solution.

~Trezier

sounds like you could use some upgrades
possibly more ram and a better processor, i would just get a new comp if its financially acceptable for you (if your not a poor mo fo like me)

Hi,

The Computer generally freezess when lot of action is going-on at random times, it does not freeze on start-up or on any other slow moving games. Otherwise functions normally when using other software.
The standard config for the Aptiva was
AMD-K6-2/300 Processor with 3D NOW technology
100MHz Front-side bus
64mb SyncDRAM/256mb Max (enhanced to 128 mb as of now)
512K/b L2 Pipeline Burst Cache
2MB Syncgraphics Memory
80Gig HDD

Does any of the above give a clue, meanwhile I would reason out other possibilities.

*****sayvari*****

Both are very graphic intence games ,you need more fire power to run them !Me Thinks!:)

Hi,

The Computer generally freezess when lot of action is going-on at random times, it does not freeze on start-up or on any other slow moving games. Otherwise functions normally when using other software.
The standard config for the Aptiva was
AMD-K6-2/300 Processor with 3D NOW technology
100MHz Front-side bus
64mb SyncDRAM/256mb Max (enhanced to 128 mb as of now)
512K/b L2 Pipeline Burst Cache
2MB Syncgraphics Memory
80Gig HDD

Does any of the above give a clue, meanwhile I would reason out other possibilities.

*****sayvari*****

Yeah,

I didn't want to be the one to say "Pull the plug on the current CPU and buy new." but it seems to be the case. The unit you currently own is suited for word processing, internet exploring, and older... low graphic games. I'm afraid anything worth playing nowaday just won't do well with your current config.

Though you may meet MIN. requirements... there's a good chance most games will just not work correctly when they get detailed or fast paced. Almost like "the straw that broke the camels back" so to speak. Depending on your motherboard and what it can take processor and memory wise, you may be able to upgrade it. But I'll be honest... I doubt you will get a significant boost and financially, it may make better sense to buy new when the opporunity arises. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news friend... Good luck either way, and if you do decide to try an upgrade... I'm sure all of us here will be more than happy to help with any problems you may have.

Regards,

~Trezier

Thank you for your opinion.

Regards,

Sayvari

this happend to me while playing some games too, after i got a new graphics card and more ram it was fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.