Hi,
I created few guides about Toshiba notebook disassembly. If you want to disassemble, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my website might be useful for you.
I already created teardown guides with pictures for the following models:
Toshiba Satellite 1415
Toshiba Satellite 1805
Toshiba Satellite 2435
Toshiba Satellite M35X
Toshiba Satellite A60/A65
Toshiba Satellite A70/A75
Toshiba Satellite P25
Toshiba Tecra A1
Toshiba Tecra TE2100

I plan to continue creating new disassembly guides. Stay tuned.
I hope this information is useful for you.

You can find it here: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/index.htm
:mrgreen:

chrisbliss18 commented: Nice guides +1

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

Very nice guides. Thanks cj2600.

One more guide with pictures is ready.
Toshiba Satellite 1800. I believe, a lot of people have this model.
Oh man, it was a long ride. 40 PICTURES!!!
Next week I’ll try to take pictures from Toshiba Satellite P25 (that’s a big one).
You’ll find this guide here: http://irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba1800/satellite1800_1.htm

Good luck! :cool:

Hi,
I created few guides about Toshiba notebook disassembly. If you want to disassemble, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my website might be useful for you.
I already created teardown guides with pictures for the following models:
Toshiba Satellite 1415
Toshiba Satellite 1805
Toshiba Satellite 2435
Toshiba Satellite M35X
Toshiba Satellite A60/A65
Toshiba Satellite A70/A75
Toshiba Satellite P25
Toshiba Tecra A1
Toshiba Tecra TE2100

I plan to continue creating new disassembly guides. Stay tuned.
I hope this information is useful for you.

You can find it here: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/index.htm
:mrgreen:

Hi cj2660,

I visited your suggested website to look at how to disassemble my Toshiba S1410. It looks so similar to 1415 I think they only slightly differ.

Now I have a problem during the boot up. It might be the CPU fan isn't working well, or the CPU is not ok anymore. I want to look inside the case but I don't know if disassembling the upper and lower assemblies, like in step 15 (http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba1415/sat1415_2.htm), some cables may be cut.

Could you please give me more information about it? Is a screw driver enough or do I need more tools?

P.S.
I'm adding also a new topic, here in the forum, describing in detail what's happened to may laptop.

Thanks,

Sebastiano

All your info looks really helpful - if you have a Toshiba!

Any info on how to remove the hard drive on a Compaq Presario 2500 laptop please? Or even where it is so that I can do it myself???

Sorry to be so cheeky......

All your info looks really helpful - if you have a Toshiba!

Any info on how to remove the hard drive on a Compaq Presario 2500 laptop please? Or even where it is so that I can do it myself???

Sorry to be so cheeky......

I do not work with Compaqs.
Usually it is pretty easy to replace the hard drive. You can get some instrucions here: http://www.cmsproducts.com/notebook_drive_removal.htm
I think they do not have your model, but you can get an idea.

I have a Satellite 5205 S703 and was looking at your site and didn't see any Satellites. What would be a close disassembly guide?

Thanks in advance

I have a Satellite 5205 S703 and was looking at your site and didn't see any Satellites. What would be a close disassembly guide?

Thanks in advance

I do not have a guide for this particular model.
Take a look at the website again; most of my guides are for Satellites. :eek:

Does anyone know how to access the internal memory slot of a Satellite M105-SP381?

Hi, i want to change the dvd drive on my Satellite a60 but am having trouble removing the drive itself - i dont want to force it.
Is it necessary to remove anything other than the battery before the drive can be taken out?
Which screws do I need to remove?
Thanks

Thanks for the great work!!
Can you,please, tell us how to dissasmble the L30-105? and how to ad an external antenna to boost the WIFI?

Many thanks again.
Phil

hello,
your guides for disassmeble were most helpful. I opened mine up to check the power connector and see if there were any cracks. I have had this problem before. Didn't notice anything this round. Just need a little advice. Mine is a Toshiba A75, I was using it one night and turned it off and went to sleep, when I woke up the next morning and hit the power button nothing happened. The battery light comes on when I hit the power button but the unit itself does not. I can also hear a very high buzz when the power button is pushed. Any help?? Thanks

your PSU is dead, short circuit?

Toshiba A665-S6056 disassembly, fixed bad memory module slot, and how to remove keyboard.

First of all one of my memory slots wouldn't work. With memory in the bad slot, the computer would start to boot, with a blank screen, and shut back off in about 5 -10 seconds.
It ran fine with memory only in the other slot and no memory in the bad slot.

Changing the CPU fixed this. It must have had a bad memory controler on the cpu chip. The old CPU was an I5-450m and I replaced it with a I5-540m.
After replacing the cpu the bad memory slot worked fine!

After figuring out how to remove the keyboard, I found the A665 very easy to disassemble, with the keyboard, top bezel, and
motherboard coming up out of the bottom without even removing the screen.

To remove the keyboard:

In the area of the bottom cover below the keyboard there are 4 screws, only three hold the keyboard but remove all 4 to be sure.
Next remove the battery. Under the battery about where the edge of the keyboard is, there is a small hole with the silver bottom of the keyboard showing thru.
Use a small unsharp stick to gently push up on the keyboard. The keyboard will flex up and you can grab the edge and gently pop out the keyboard at
the back and sides. Lift up the back of the keyboard slightly and move it slightly to the rear and the front edge will come out. Don't hit your screen with the keyboard!
Maybe a cloth cover for the screen would be good here.

Be careful of the attached ribbon cable. Pull out each side of the lock tab and release the ribbon cable from the motherboard.

Top Bezel:

Be sure to disconnect all the obvious cables and ribbons from the motherboard first!!

After removing all the bottom cover screws (all the same length) and two screws that are under the keyboard, the top bezel will pop loose in the front and sides, then lifting the front of the bezel and pulling slightly forward will release the back tabs by the speakers. I also removed the hard drive and DVD before I did this.

Motherboard:

There is only one silver screw holding the motheboard. Remove obvious cables and the wireless connectors. Lift the power jack out of its holder and leave it attached to the motherboard.
Remove the two silver screws holding the fan and take it out. You can now gently lift the right side of the motherboard and slide it out of left edge of the case.

If you have never opened a laptop and taken off the ribbon cables I would suggest you proceed with caution since there are several different types of locking connectors.
On the A665, some connectors have release tabs, and a couple are pure push in ribbon cables. Don't force anything to hard or you might break it.

Do you have a guide to disassemble a Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5102? My DC-In Cable got ripped out totally and I don't want to pay $175 to have a tech fix something I can do for free if I have the part. I have not been able to find a guide online, and since my warranty ran out last week, I will just repair it myself since i have the know how, but dont want to damage anything irreparably. any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I need to teardown a toshiba Tecra m9 to find the mother board number to get a replacement one. Help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.