Hi, My name is mark and I recently bought a pc (Windows XP) from a friend and I checked for space etc and thought instead of just clicking on each program and uninstalling them one by one I thought I should try to restore the whole pc and start as if it was new, while the restoring was happening my electricity went as I am on a key meter so I went to the shop and bought electric and turned back on the computer (which is a Packard Bell with Intel Celeron) now the computer just keeps restarting its self in an infinite loop (I have tried safe mode etc) and won't stop it doesn't have any messages or warnings about corruption I am totally confused as i have searched all over the web and from what I have gathered is, it is failing its P.O.S..T. I don't have a disk of any sort and would really appreciate if anybody could help me

hi, my name is mark and i recently bought a pc (windows xp) from a friend and i checked for space etc and thought instead of just clicking on each program and uninstalling them one by one i thought i should try to restore the whole pc and start as if it was new, while the restoring was happening my electricity went as i am on a key meter so i went to the shop and bought electric and turned back on the computer (which is a packard bell with intel celeron) now the computer just keeps restarting its self in an infinite loop (i have tried safe mode etc) and won't stop it doesn't have any messages or warnings about corruption i am totally confused as i have searched all over the web and from what i have gathered is, it is failing its p.o.s..t. I don't have a disk of any sort and would really appreciate if anybody could help me

your os would be missing some files due to electricity failure
try to repair your os by os bootable disc

just repair your windows xp system.. your problem will solve.... it's your system is corrupted that's why it keeps rebooting....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.