Hi Guys,

My Monitor has no display when I turn ON my PC, my Video Card,processor fan is spinning, and its all normal. The only problem is my monitor don't show anything it's all black, but my monitor still on. I tested my monitor to the other PC and it's ok. And now I know there is no problem with my Monitor. the PSU is working properly because I tested it to on another PC.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

then the next thing to test is the video adapter ,it maybe be onboard [built into the motherboard ]or addin video card ,like a agp /pci/pci-e video card

Hi
First You check you RAM.then Check your VGA Power supply also check your VGA cable.it is necessary.You told you monitor work to other PC it means your monitor is good condition.

try to clean your ram or a video card if it is external video card... hope it works..

ya clean your RAM and clean the VGA port then boot...If it doesn't you unplug HDD,OPTICAL DRIVE power wire and data bus(IDE or SATA).Then boot and go to bios by pressing F2 or Del at boot time.It will provide some ideas to you.

Hi Guys,

My Monitor has no display when I turn ON my PC, my Video Card,processor fan is spinning, and its all normal. The only problem is my monitor don't show anything it's all black, but my monitor still on. I tested my monitor to the other PC and it's ok. And now I know there is no problem with my Monitor. the PSU is working properly because I tested it to on another PC.

Thanks

yah...first thing is to check the video card or video adapter attached on your mother board then the ram...try to use other ram and video adapter to test if the problem is with those components

22 days since original post ,i don't think anyone else needs to
pop in and tell them to check the video card ,as it was the first thing suggested

in my experience, most often this problem has nothing to do with videocards, RAM, CPU, etc. but is just a matter of a cable that's improperly connected :)
Loose cables, always check them first...

Use the Other video port. You moved the machine and plugged it into the old disabled video port.

im using mac pc and other ios I have also installed windows 7 , but while using windows os it is seen that my displays goes off while working and i have to restart my computer to enable the display mode on. Help pleasee!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.