Hello.I have a problem which is about CMOS battery on my pc,which is when i on my pc,it does not update my time and date automatically.So,I've bought a new battery and have replaced the one that i use now with the new battery,but my pc wont be able to start after replacing it.Can anyone help me with this?Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are you sure you bought the correct battery and installed it properly?

its also possible that you unplugged some other cables inside the PC. Does the computer at least start with the POST (power on self test)?

Explain "wont be able to start after replacing it" it detail.

Yes I am sure i've bought the same battery with the same brand. "wont be able to start" means that when i start my pc after replacing the new battery,i wont be able to access to windows.

take the battery out and try to boot without one, if that works make sure the battery is in correctly and test voltage. if it doesnt the problem could be something else.

unplug computer hold power button for 30 seconds and reset cmos

Are you sure you bought the correct battery and installed it properly?

its also possible that you unplugged some other cables inside the PC. Does the computer at least start with the POST (power on self test)?

Explain "wont be able to start after replacing it" it detail.

i wont be able to access to windows.

Not being able to access Windows is a different issue. I asked because I wanted to know if after you changed the battery, where you able to boot the computer. Based on your answer, I am assuming that you can get up to the Power on Self test.

What happens just before you reach Windows? Does it Blue Screen? or does it just hang? Have you tried to boot into Windows Safe Mode?

It just hang and nothing appears on the screen. No blue screen, nothing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.