Lately my work machine has been giving me hell with a variety of stop codes and occasionally won't boot giving me a 1 long, 1 short beep code. I scoured the internet and couldn't find the cause of this beep code. My warranty is up but I managed to wiggle out some information out of emachines, who said that it was harddrive related. I have run the Seagate diagnostic test using UBCD, this showed no errors or problems with the drive, after both short and long tests. The blue screens hinted at it being a memory problem based upon my research, so I replaced the ram, I still have been having the same issue however.

Stop Codes: 0x1E, 0x0A, 0x19, 0xBE
Beep Code: 1 long, 1 short

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Warranty or not, emachines (or whoever is the manufacturer of this unit) should be willing to provide you with a list of boot-up error codes, or an online accessible version of the user documentation that provides that information. If they don't, then run, don't walk, to another vendor and get a new machine!

Well firstly, what brand of BIOS is your motherboard?

AMI : American Megatrends Inc. And I agree fully rubberman, I thought it was lunacy.

BUMP

Hi

If you follow these directions you should end up with a few BSOD events recorded and a place to start looking -

Please download BlueScreenView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html (in zip file)•Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.

•Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)

•When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...

•Edit > Select All

•File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.

•Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...

•Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..

•Edit > Select All

•Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.

beep codes are usually common to your bios chip maker,not always the laptop maker ,so what bios is in the laptop ,should show on first screen while laptop is bootin ,name a version .like .AWARD BIOS,Phoenix BIOS or AMI BIOS

@capperjack, I have NirSoft Blue Screen Viewer already, and will upload those tomorrow, if you look at my post above, I stated that it was an AMI bios

Well this is just awful, upon looking for C:\Windows\Minidump, I see that the folder is completely gone. Please advise

so bluescreen viewer finds nothing when you run it ,then there is not much you can do,[that i know of anyway ]untill it bsod's again and records a minidump file

Beep Code: 1 long, 1 short

and the ami bios does,t have a 1long 1 short in its codes ,so mayebe you afre misshearing the beeps

Definitely not mishearing those beeps, I have listended to it countless times, keep in mind this bios was modified by emachines, so I believe the beep codes are different.

not 100% sure but i don't think that they make those types of changes to to bios ,they add there own boot screeens and other emaichine options ,and shit like that ,no the beep codes

I see, well AMI wont give me any tech support since the bios has been modified by emachines

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.