My Sony Vaio PCG-V505BC won't boot. I've tried to boot it, with the battery alone. Screen stays black. The same with two different ac power supplies.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Fred

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Please give us some history on the problem, and post as many details as you can about what exactly you mean when you say it won't boot (does the fan turn on? LEDs? Can you hear the drive spin? etc., etc.)

I did a fresh install of everything (XP Pro, Office 2003, etc) about two weeks ago. Everything worked great for 3 or 4 days, and then last Friday morning when i turned on power, the computer hung up on the SONY logo with all LED's going. Tried rebooting same result. Tried booting up in Safe Mode, same result. Sequence is XP Pro logo on black screen, very brief bright blue DOS pop-up page (so fast i cannot read the page) and then hangs up again on the Sony Logo

Hi Batt,

First of all- welcome to DaniWeb :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

Thanks for understanding.

I Have A Sony Vaio Pcg V505bc This Morning Simply Went Dead!! Have Any Idea What I Can Do?

The problem is "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME"

run windows xp recovery console and run command
"chkdsk /r" to check the disk and restore the file system files

after that type exit to restart the system. it should bootnow.

for more tips and tricks visit
http://sites.google.com/site/freevirusguide

Harrison

Vaio will only start to reboot/setup recovery utility then declares 'error' 'press any key' over and over.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.