From the LoL forums it says:
"The following are the minimum and recommended system requirements for running League of Legends on a PC:

Minimum System Requirements:
2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
2 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
6 GB available hard disk space
GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft"

Now I have no clue about PC hardware and I was wondering what sort of computer that equated to, give me a name or something I can look up Dx Cheaper the better if possible

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Most computer manufactures/resellers will provide the specs for their models. Check DELL and HP for example.

The specs you provided above are below average for typical computers on the market.

Those are considered the basic req's to run it, the forumers answers on what plays well ranges from "you have to build it yourself" to "you need a $2000 comp rig"

Everything listed above is pretty basic. the only custom items are the references to the video cards.

I'm not a gamer, but know a few. Most of them are very particular about their video cards.

Nothing listed above would of a $2k US value, i assure you.

What happens is that these gamers love to get the fastest CPUs, add tons of RAM, and get the best video cards because the experience will not be optimal with the minimum requirements. You generally want to double/triple the minimum requirements for some of the components.

What you may want to do is find out what the average system requirements are, for the game to play well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.