Laptop: Acer Travelmate 290

Ok heres the problem, i hit the power button, it turns on, but it wont start up.. Once in a while i am able to make it to the windows xp loading screen, then the screen goes black again!

I thought it was a power problem, i tryed starting with battery only, and power cord only. Both did not help!

Anything u can recommend me doin?

Hy,

I have the same problem. Could you please explain me how to solve it

thank you very much

j

Hello, my acer laptop will not start up, it says insert boot disk and press any key. I don't have boot disk and unable to download as my pc don.t work

thanks

Laptop: Acer Travelmate 290

Ok heres the problem, i hit the power button, it turns on, but it wont start up.. Once in a while i am able to make it to the windows xp loading screen, then the screen goes black again!

I thought it was a power problem, i tryed starting with battery only, and power cord only. Both did not help!

Anything u can recommend me doin?

Tried hooking up an external monitor to see if its just the Monitor on the laptop being a pain?

Hello, my acer laptop will not start up, it says insert boot disk and press any key. I don't have boot disk and unable to download as my pc don.t work

thanks

Insert boot disk would normally mean your hard drive is dead, or you have non bootable media attempting to boot (e.g. a CD ROM in the drive, a USB key plugged in or Flash Media)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.