Hello,

My name is Jeannot Thewissen.
I want to sell my computer and I want to know what is the value of my PC.

The specifications are:

• Thermaltake v3 Black (tower)
  • Ms-Tech 650Watt PSU
  • AMD Athlon II x4 645 CPU (4x 3.1Ghz)
  • 8GB RAM DDR3 1600
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex limited edition Video card
  • Asrock 970 Extreme 3 motherboard.
  • 1TB Hard disk.
  • 1 extra USB 2.0 Expansion Card.

I want to ask 430 Euro's that's 579,98 Dollars.
Is this a good price or is it too much, too less?

Thanks in advance,

Jeannot Thewissen
The Netherlands

PS: Is this in the right thread?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The specs are decent, but how old (in human years) is the system? And why are you selling it? A current model 4-core CPU w/ 8GB of RAM and 1TB system disc (operating system not-withstanding) would be worth about what you think it is worth ($500-600 USD). With a registered version of Windows (XP - nothing, Win7 - about $100) then it may be worth what you are asking. In my opinion, this is a GREAT Linux system for someone, but at about $300-400 USD.

What I usually do in this sort of situation (may or may not be viable in your location) is to donate it to charity (a school, library, or whatever) and take the tax deduction.

The system is selfbuild. Some components are only 4-5 months old.
The oldest component is the CPU and that's just over a year.

I am selling it, because I am going to build a new one for school. I am following a ICT training and we do a lot with virtualisation. For what we do on school we need a lot of RAM and CPU Performance.

I am going to build a PC with 8 core on standard clock 4ghz and 16GB RAM.

Jeannot Thewissen

It has registered version of Windows 7

Used computers regardless of age aren't work very much, mainly because brand new computers are to cheap. Since it's fairly new you could just buy a new motherboard if you just want an 8-core computer.

Sell the parts that you plan to upgrade, you will get more money for those parts sold independently than as a bundle. Are there any people who are on the same course as you that may buy them off you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.