I have a Toshiba a25-s207 (PS20U-02HKLV) when you power it up the screen goes directly to enter a password power on password :rolleyes: (the password is not known to me I bought this machine at a resale shop and the owner does not know the password either. After 3 tries it shuts the machine off. How can I bypass the password word? I have tried everything, donggle, password bios list of names, and even called Toshiba who said you have to bring it in for service (boo hoo!:sad: )........Please help if you have any ideas, Thanks Dave

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you tried removing and putting back in the CMOS battery on the MoBo?

I believe this clears it...

Have you tried removing and putting back in the CMOS battery on the MoBo?

I believe this clears it...

Were is the cmos battery located? I'll try it............Thanks for the help Dave :mrgreen:

Hey i can help, pop the plastic hood out . Its located above the keyboard now you can see the keyboard screws. After removing the screws flip the keyboard upside down towards you. Unplug the wires that plug into the board. There are two plugs close together, they are the fan and the battery just unplug them for 48 hrs. You might have to take it apart and seperate the batterys. I would just stick the wires in my port instead of the dongle. There was a series of wires all side by side all attached to eachother. unsolder so there not used, it wasnt in the diagram how to make the dongle remember. Might help :p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.