I cleaned my computer because of dust problems, but when I put it back together and turned on the computer, there were problems.

The fans whirred, the lights turned on, but the monitor didn't receive any signals, the keyboard and mouse LEDs didn't turn on, and the computer didn't do its customary beep.

I don't know what caused this problem. If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

How did you clean it out? Vacuuming is a bad idea because it generates static, and computers and static don't get on well. Can be even worse if you leave things plugged into the back.

To start with, unplug everything including the power and let it stand for a few minutes. Plug in the power and turn it on. What happens? Any sign of a normal startup with lights, beeps, and HDD clatter?

If not, it is possible you knocked something inside, so unplug it all again and open the side of the machine and CAREFULLY make sure nothing is obviously loose. Be really careful about touching anything because of static.

If that doesn't work it is probably broken and it is then a case of finding out what. When they won't go through POST (basically, that beep then displaying stuff) it is quite often the motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.