:-| Hi all,... im facingn this terrible problem after upgrading my chipset from celronD to Pentium 4 HT 331.

My PC SHUTS DOWN RANDOMLY while playing games, doing work, etc. I dont know alot about this stufff, bucuz im only 12 yrs old.

I went to look at my bios setupo, i went to BIOS => Advanced => Hardware Monitoring and this is wat i saw (I shut down my PC for 12 hrr + and i just went to bios...its really strange)
Processor Zone Temp: 57oC / 134oF
System Zone 1 Temperature: 40oC / 104oF
System Zone 2 Temperature: 40oC / 104oF
Pricessor Fan Speed: 2429 RPM
Rear Fan Speed: 0 RPM
Front Fan Speed: 0 RPM
ITS NOW NOVEMBER AND THE WEATHER IS COLD! MY PC IS 57oC! :mad: i hope there would soon be solutions for me...

System Specs.
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Computer:
Intel (R) Petium 4
CPU 3.00 GHz
2.50 GB of ram

Ram slots:
1:Kinston 256 MB DDR 400
2:Ramaxel 1GB DDR 333
3:Kinston 256 MB DDR 400
4:Ramaxel 1GB DDR 333

Hard Drives:
1: Dunno Name 68.8 GB
2: Dunno Name, GONE... (ITs NOT broken! it still works, but its just not showing in my pc! if i run a Restore with Farstone, it will be back! so its not the drives prob. I wont run a restore, incase my PC just shuts down... and seriously messes it up.)

Disc Drives:
1:HP DVD Writer 630c
2:Dunno (Same speen as the one above)

i HOPE that there would SOOON be a solution =( :sad:
THX...
darkXmatt

I went to look at my bios setupo, i went to BIOS => Advanced => Hardware Monitoring and this is wat i saw (I shut down my PC for 12 hrr + and i just went to bios...its really strange)
Processor Zone Temp: 57oC / 134oF
System Zone 1 Temperature: 40oC / 104oF
System Zone 2 Temperature: 40oC / 104oF
Pricessor Fan Speed: 2429 RPM
Rear Fan Speed: 0 RPM
Front Fan Speed: 0 RPM

the temp is quite high, if it says 57 when its been idle for 12 hours, and you just started it up, then you have a fan thats not running fast enough, not enough fans, or both.

if your system has a rear fan, then your mobo is either not detecting its speed, or its failed. check to be sure the fan in the back of the computer is working. so if it spins, first try cleaning the rear fan with compressed air (be sure to hold can upright!!), opening your case and checking again. i keep mine permanently open cuz im a tightwad and dont do much gaming but i do have a fairly hot system, if you have lots of hi-perf stuff dont even bother using this as a true solution, because the problem is only fixed some or most of the time

im noticing also your cpu fan is running at 2400 rpms. does your fan have adjujstable speeds?? if so, set it to a higher speed. if not, its probably not sufficient for your system and should be replaced. a new chipset can change your cooling needs. companies like Thermaltake offer several cooling solutions for your cpu. choose one to fit your needs. you could also opt to add a fan to the side for example. this will increase airflow, but i think you might have to worry about your cpu burning up at temperatures only slightly higher than this, and should add a side fan only if you coninue to have problems after the cpu fan has been upgraded

I have a rear fan and its running all the time. I dont know if i can adjust the fan speeed... do i do it in the BIOS setup?
Thx
darkXmatt

AND i got a sidefan already...

ok! ... please close this thread... i got it fixed! it was somthing to do with my power supply =P.... my dad gave it to his offices technician (in HP =) ) then he found that somthing is wrong with my power supply... now its fixed, wont swith off anymore =0...
Thx for all opinions (which dont work -.=)
darkXmatt

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.