Hello,
I am trying to troubleshoot an older PC that was working until today. It appears to boot up correctly (I can hear the windows welcome - after one long beep and three short beeps), but the screen remains blank and the green light on the monitor blinks repeatedly. When I plug the same monitor into my laptop, it works fine. When I unplug it from the PC, it says that there is no signal. Is there some simple reason why the PC doesn't seem to recognize the monitor now?
Thanks for any solutions.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The beeps are an error code, if you tell us what make and model your computer is we can find out what the error code is and go from the to sort out your porblem.

Hello,
I am trying to troubleshoot an older PC that was working until today. It appears to boot up correctly (I can hear the windows welcome - after one long beep and three short beeps), but the screen remains blank and the green light on the monitor blinks repeatedly. When I plug the same monitor into my laptop, it works fine. When I unplug it from the PC, it says that there is no signal. Is there some simple reason why the PC doesn't seem to recognize the monitor now?
Thanks for any solutions.

Try a different Vid card, if it's integrated, then go with the other soloution.

I am having a similar problem with my hp 1530 flatscreen monitor. Computer starts up fine, light on monitor blinks, but dark. I can vaguely read what in on monitor but my eyes are not what they used to be. I just bought monitor a little over a year ago, please help save it.

i am getting the same problem

Try reseat the video card if the card is dedicated not onboard.

Check the monitor connection and the cable.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.