My wife has a presario R3000, infected by virus corrupted registry and affected DVD RW therefore cannot restore via disc in DVD drive.

How do I restore it to factory settings.

Tried system restore but for some reason calender only goes back to April 2007 which is no use at all.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You can still restore it using the DVD drive. You dont need windows to do that.

you need to boot from the dvd instead of your hard disk. Check your BIOS settings

My wife has a presario R3000, infected by virus corrupted registry and affected DVD RW therefore cannot restore via disc in DVD drive.

How do I restore it to factory settings.

Tried system restore but for some reason calender only goes back to April 2007 which is no use at all.

You said that the virus infected the Internal DVD Drive? Not sure how this can be possible, but for the most part, the R3000 didn't have a "recovery" partition. It was all done from the DVD discs they gave you when you bought it. So basically, you would power the unit up with the Windows Installation CD, reformat the drive and install windows, then after Windows was installed, run the Applications and additional Driver's DVD to set the rest of the machine up to factory settings...

Hope that helps.

Orion.

Hi ereryone,
I have a Presario R3000 notebook, and I don't have Recovery disk, but I do have Windows Home XP. What do I need to do to have my machine working again? I thought I could fix the hard drive on other laptop, so I wiped the hard and installed Windows, but when I installed back the hard drive on R3000, it did not work...message "disk errror".THNKS FOR HELPING!

Check that your bios detect the harddisk properly (shows all the parameters). If not, then check the connections of your harddrive. If yes, then try to install WinXP in your Presario R3000 notebook with same harddrive using Windows Home XP cd.

Best of luck.

Check that your bios detect the harddisk properly (shows all the parameters). If not, then check the connections of your harddrive. If yes, then try to install WinXP in your Presario R3000 notebook with same harddrive using Windows Home XP cd.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your advice. It seems the BIOS works OK. If I use a Recovery Disk from another lap top (64 bits OS) it starts loading Windows settings, but than I get the message, "32 bits OS", meaning I can get the machine to load the settings if I can get the correct CD disk recovery...So, I need to find that CD.

Do not use recovery CD of another Laptop. Try to get original recovery CD that comes along with this notebook. If you can not find that, you have to manually install windows in your laptop using windows XP original CD / DVD.

Hi All..Can somebody point me in the right direction to get a copy of the recovery disk please. Iv'e got a blue screen and it wont go any further. Help greatly appreciated.

how do i restore my compaq presario to factory settings

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

To get your compaq machines in working order, do not hijack threads. Instead, try making your own thread. That way questions get answered more. Try it! I understand you are all new but make sure to take this advice into mind.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.