Hi

Ok, so after putting a new power supply into the old girl (after 3 months of putting it off) she boots up fine. Update firefox and quicktime after a couple hours comp randomly restarts.

XP loads up, everything runs fine for about 1-2 minutes then everything freezes. So I reboot and the same thing happens again weird...

Tried system restore and disabling start up things from msconfig, no help.

Decide its a good time to do a fresh re install of XP hoping it would solve the probelm, unfortunately after installing the mb drivers the same probelm is still occuring...

Does anyone have any advice or anything that could help me out?

Heres my specs if it helps:

AMD 64 3000+ s939
Seagate Barracuda 7200 80G
Geil 1024mb pc3200 dual channel
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
Sparkle Geforce 6600GT 128mb, PCI-E

Any help to fix this annoyance would be great!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

after your fresh install, did it only do it after you installed your mobo drivers? if so, you might want to try a different driver (updated driver) and see what happens.

after your fresh install, did it only do it after you installed your mobo drivers? if so, you might want to try a different driver (updated driver) and see what happens.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it,

Well looks like it did have something to do with the mobo drivers, which is strange since this is the 3rd or 4th fresh install ive done over the past couple years with the same drivers with no probelms at all.

Ended up installing only the bare minimum from the mobo drivers cd (cant remember which 1's I left out) but it seemed to work and everything is back to normal...

Thanks for the help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.