Hi, I have a Toshiba SP10-554 with German Windows XP and a European AC adapter. I have a problem in that something has happened to my laptop while I was moving apartments - it was safe in a backpack that wasn't dropped or anything, but now the LCD won't light up! The power light is on, as is the battery charging light, and the hard drive and fans are working, but the screen is blank.
I have tried all possible combinations of turning it on without battery, without AC, pressing Fn-f5 (???).
Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I would connect an external screen to the laptop to see what's happening in case it is the LCD side that's broken.

Can you do this or have you done this?

I would connect an external screen to the laptop to see what's happening in case it is the LCD side that's broken.

Can you do this or have you done this?

I don't have a monitor to do this with, but I could use another laptop. Is this possible?

It's theoretically possible - but you have to get your first laptop working to set it up!

Can you borrow a screen off a neighbour? You've got to get into a controlled situation somehow to know what to do.

mfg

when you power on does K/B led's flash, if it flash then your system can initialize..try powering on with PSU, M/B, and your memory stick, try taking out the processor and putting it back to its place..check if you can get a display..if you tried and still it doesn't work then it could be a hardware problem..but quite hard to know which is which...

when you power on does K/B led's flash, if it flash then your system can initialize..try powering on with PSU, M/B, and your memory stick, try taking out the processor and putting it back to its place..check if you can get a display..if you tried and still it doesn't work then it could be a hardware problem..but quite hard to know which is which...

I'm not sure that this canned reply (see yours to Monica22) applies in this case. it's a laptop and messing with the CPU isn't straightforward let alone likely to be fruitful.

Thanks, I'll try these suggestions. Appreciate the help!

i have a Toshiba Satellite A300 1J1 laptop when i press the power botton it turns on all lights come on fan hd and dvd drive works but dont get any disply at all then restarts after about 15secs then just keeps restarting .. any clues ??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.