Hello everyone,
I bought a GE headset with microphone a long time ago. I started using it again recently, and found that it did not work. I have it plugged in to the right ports, but whenever I talk into the microphone, the sound comes out the speakers. It works the other way aroung. while wearing headphones, if i am recording something, and there is a sound from the system, it will get picked up by the microphone and be recoded. Is this a hardware/sound card problem, or a software problem? Please let me know. If you need any other info please ask.

RootUserCyclone

Open the volume control, use the mixer function to mute the microphone on the speakers. Then open the sound recorder and enable the microphone in the recorder.

Note that the speaker and headphone output are the same thing. You need different settings in the volume control mixer to use one or the other.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.