Hey there! Thanks to all you good people first of all. I have been using speakers with my PC which work fine. Now I have wanted to talk to my friends on line so I tried to plug in my headset with attached microphone. I can hear fine on the headset(listen to music hear sounds on theweb etc.) but I can't hear my voice or use my microphone for talking to people.
My headset has 2 jacks which I have plugged into 2 sockets at the back of the harddrive.
There is no voice. Do I need to do something to hear my voice or to configure microphone settings on the computer? please help me, I can't figure it out. Thanks XX

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

First, if you have color coded jacks at the back of your case, make sure the microphone is plugged into the pink jack. Go to control panel, switch to classic view if not already done, Sounds and audio devices, press the Advanced button that is into the device volume panel, if you see the microphone slider skip what is in brackets
( options, properties, check microphone, press ok ), make sure it is not muted and you can play with the volume slider there

-This may be the problem.
Click audio controls on the taskbar, go to advanced under Master Volume. Make sure that center speaker and subwoofer isn't connected to microphone. Just uncheck both, unless that option is required.. worked for me.

I'm having similar problems. My headphone/mic set up is plugged in correctly. Well, I can hear all playback and can record in to my computer using the mic, but can't hear myself in the headphones when talking into the mic. Does that make sense?

I'm having similar problems. My headphone/mic set up is plugged in correctly. Well, I can hear all playback and can record in to my computer using the mic, but can't hear myself in the headphones when talking into the mic. Does that make sense?

Some audio cards have the option of playing the sound from mic directly to the audio output, and some don't. Mic is primarily an audio-in. Check the properties on your volume taskbar. There should be a slider labeled "Microphone". If it is not shown, then you might need to check the microphone checkbox in the options/properties. If you don't see microphone in the list of volume controls, then your audio card doesn't support it.

hi i have a headset but, it's not working. i have the usb headsets. i can hear really find but, when i want to talk to someone they say that they can not hear me i check all the settings but, it still dont work. can you help me thanks

Control panel/sound and audio devices/Advanced (button in "device volume" box)

In the volume control window:
click options/properties
select "recording" (make sure that microphone is checked in a box below)
click "ok"

now you can choose the sound source and adjust its volume. Click on Mic's "select" checkbox and volume it up. If you see "advanced" button below the checkbox, then you could give it more boost, or change whatever the options are. If you want, you can click options (on the menu bar) and check "advanced controls" to enable the that "advanced" button.

Hi members...............................................................................................First, if you have color coded jacks at the back of your case, make sure the microphone is plugged into the pink jack. Go to control panel, switch to classic view if not already done, Sounds and audio devices, press the Advanced button that is into the device volume panel, if you see the microphone slider skip what is in brackets
( options, properties, check microphone, press ok ), make sure it is not muted and you can play with the volume slider there
By regards
anglish0065
more information to click here

hey, buddy!
U cannot hear your voice but listen music from the website, i suppose that your PC audio control panel is not set well, you need to set it with the corresponding output interface which front Audio MIC interface or rear MIC interface as i have also a headset with the similar issue. Now it works fine.:cool:

I have a loop set attached with my personal computer at home. Now when i attach it to my office computer it does not work. Is there any driver i need to install ?(oftenly i also use this loop set with my Mobile phone. It is a Sony Erricson loop set)

hi, can anyone please help me,

i plugged in my headset to the pink jack,
it says its working, but when i test it it says that no sound was recorded by the computer, what can i do?
(its not muted )
and it works on the pc we have downstairs

Doubleclick the speaker icon in the traybar (volume control window should pop up), click options/properties, click the "recording" radiobutton, make sure "microphone is checked in the same window below, click "OK". Now the volume control window should change to recording control. Make sure you select "Microphone" as a sound source. Also increase the mic volume.

Which program are you using to talk with your friends. Check the audio settings in that particular program and make sure it is not set to some random virtual device or disabled. Use sound recorder (Start-> All Programs -> Accesories -> Sound Recorder or Start-> All Programs -> Accesories -> Entertainment-> Sound Recorder) to check whether the computer gets any sound input. If it does, then the problem is definitely with the program.

If not however, it can be quite an array of cases. One thing I have noted, is that the mic just stops working, especially if the computer is very or quite old. This has happened to one of my computers using an old Asus board. Reinstallation of OS seemed to solve he problem temporarily but I would not a all recomend doing that.

Some possible scenarios have already been said by others above me. I would first of all try another mic to see if it works.Then I would recomend downloading the latest drivrs from the manufacturer for your sound/audio card. If that doesn't solve it, go to device manager and make sure that there is no excalamtion mark next to your sound card. Also check the master volume to make sure that the volume, is at the correct levels. If all fails, then just go and by a USB Camera with an integrated mic. This is what I did to solve my problem, but make sure that the camera and mic connect to the computer through one cable. If the cable devides int USB and Audio-In, then the point of this whole thing is lost!

I have a problem where audio and playback BOTH work, but not simultaneously. I have a USB-powered headset with audio jacks for playback and recording. I do not have alternative audio jacks.

When the jack for playback is plugged in first, recording is unresponsive, and when the jack for recording is plugged in first, playback does not work. I've never come across this problem. Has anyone else? and more importantly, can anyone offer any suggestions?

Ro

Looks to me like driver update is your only hope.

hellow every body hope u all r fine. well my problem is that i have head set [with microphne] the problem is that i can hear from right side but not from left side. i dont know why??????? plz help me :]

same proplem but in wireless one

same problem so change my audio card problem solve.

Are you looking for the Best Microphone For Gaming? Read ahead to know more.

Love playing games? Want to get the best microphone for Gaming? You are exactly at the right place.

We will guide you through the pathway to make your choice wise and successful. So, are you confused about what are the things you should consider while buying a gaming microphone? A microphone is one of the key devices that you use for playing games.

1. Elgato wave 3 Gaming microphone
    This is a great gaming microphone that has USB connectivity and the color is black. It is a premium quality microphone.

It comes with a digital mixing solution and comes with anti-clipping. It is extremely great for streaming.
2. HyperX QuadCast Gaming microphone
The excellent gaming microphone by Hyper is an extremely famous microphone among people.

It is an anti-vibration that is a shock mount microphone and is comfortable to be used by both hands with the same vigor. It comes with a tap to mute sensor with an LED sensor.
3. Rode NT USB Mini Gaming microphone
This is a unique wired gaming microphone that is stuffed with extraordinary features. It is specially built for gaming purposes and the microphone is absolutely ergonomic.

It comes with a condenser capsule that delivers warmth and presence for clear and professional sounds.
4. Blue Yeti X Gaming microphone
The stunning design and features make this gaming microphone stand out. It comes with a professional condenser.

It comes with four capsule arrays and captures amazing sound. It is a professional gaming microphone and you can even do podcasting, streaming youtube, etc.

(https://redrobotlabs.com/best-microphone-for-gaming/)ere](null)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.